[NOT COMPLETELY DONE YET]
What is a maid?
In Maplestory 2 a maid, or housemaid or maidservant, is a female or a male NPC that you buy and hire each month. The maid makes things for you when you order her to make certain item. The items you need in order to let her make stuff requires you to gather mats throughout Victoria Island.
Maids are an furniture item that you put into your house and it will come to life.
The items that the maid can make differ per specialty they master. There are 5 different specialties.
- Alchemist (연금술), This maid specializes in making pots and buff pots, such as Warrior’s potion.
- Ring Production (반지 제작), This maid specializes in rings. This maid can also make red, blue and green skill upgrade crystals.
- Necklace Production (목걸이 제작), This maid specializes in necklaces. This maid can also make red, blue and green skill upgrade crystals.
- Beverage Maker (음료 제조), This maid specializes in making beverages, such as Orange Juice. These items are better than the normal herbs in-game.
- Cooking / Chef (요리), This maid specializes in making buff foods, such as Grilled Chicken. these items are better than the normal herbs in-game.
Different tiers of maids
Maids have the same “tier-system” as the rest of the game.
You can buy the Mesos variant in Tria, there’s only one tier that is Mesos, the rest is Merit.
To buy the Merit ones you have to go into the merit shop.
The different tiers
- Common (Mesos)
- Rare (Merit)
- Elite (Merit)
- Excellent (Merit)
The benefits of having an Merit maid
- They require less materials per job. (50% less)
- They level up faster.
- Higher trigger rate.
- Each can make their own unique special item.
The cons of having an Merit maid
- They cost merit each month as opposed to the mesos one which costs mesos monthly. The cost per year is quite high. We’re talking up to $100+ for 2 Excellent (Purple) Maids for a full year.
Important information about maids
- Have an House or Apartment.
- Have 77,000 Mesos or atleast 590 Merit for an (Rare) Merit Maid.
- You have to pay the maid each month, for the mesos one it’s mesos for the merit one it’s merits. This does not include the month you’ve bought them in.
- You can only have 2 active maids at the same time in your house. you can own multiple ones.
- You can have two of the same maids be active.
- You can pay merit to the maid let them instantly make a job you’ve ordered the maid to be instantly done. You can only do this with Merit, mesos is not an option (This works on all maids including the mesos one). The cost of merit is different per item you requested the maid to make
Prices of the maids
Each tier differs in cost. Under here is an comparison. This is the same for every specialty. There is no cost difference in that.
For example this are the available maids for food buffs.
Maid Tier Cost Monthly Costs 1 Common (★★☆☆☆☆) 77,000 Mesos 69,000 Mesos 2 Rare (★★☆☆☆☆) 590 Merit 190 Merit 3 Elite (★★★☆☆☆) 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 4 Excellent[/B](★★★★☆☆) 1290 Merit 490 Merit
Prices of the maids per year per tier
Tier Cost to buy Monthly Costs Yearly Costs (Buy +11 months) 1 Common (★★☆☆☆☆) 77,000 Mesos 69,000 Mesos 836,000 Mesos 2 Rare (★★☆☆☆☆) 590 Merit 190 Merit 2680 Merit 3 Elite (★★★☆☆☆) 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 3980 Merit 4 Excellent (★★★★☆☆) 1290 Merit 490 Merit 6680 Merit
Where to buy maids
The seller to buy the maids are located in Tria.
You can buy them from 타바사.
(You can also buy all the these maids from inside your House or Apartment)
Icon Korean name Specialty Cost NPC Monthly Costs 1 어흥이 Alchemist 77,000 Mesos 타바사 69,000 Mesos 2 근위대원 머뭇 Ring Production 77,000 Mesos 타바사 69,000 Mesos 3 자경단원 에카 Necklace Production 77,000 Mesos 타바사 69,000 Mesos 4 명MC를 꿈꾸는 케이 Beverage Maker 77,000 Mesos 타바사 69,000 Mesos 5 해리 Cooking Chef 77,000 Mesos 타바사 69,000 Mesos
To buy merit maids you have to go to the Merit shop.
This tab will have all the Merit maids.
Korean name Specialty Cost Cost Monthly 1 웅크린 엉덩이 Alchemist 590 Merit 190 Merit 2 솔베이 Ring 590 Merit 190 Merit 3 마누 Ring 590 Merit 190 Merit 4 아리타 Necklace 590 Merit 190 Merit 5 테리 Beverages 590 Merit 190 Merit 6 리나 Cooking 590 Merit 190 Merit
Korean name Specialty Cost Cost Monthly 1 호르헤 Alchemist 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 2 쉐도우 닥터 Alchemist 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 3 코델리아 Ring 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 4 김여사 Necklace 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 5 요요 Necklace 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 6 모밍 Beverages 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit 7 네네 0호기 Cooking 790 Merit Merit 290 Merit
Korean name Specialty Cost Cost Monthly 1 미카엘 Alchemist 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 2 민트 Alchemist 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 3 미노 Ring 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 4 팀 Ring 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 5 바닐라 Necklace 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 6 모모 Necklace 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 7 제이시 Beverages 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 8 레베카 Cooking 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit 9 혁이 Cooking 1290 Merit Merit 490 Merit
You will need these after reaching Level 5 on your maid. Your maid will not be able to make items above Level 4 without these tools. Every specialty (Ring + Necklace share the same one) has it's own "Pension Tool"
The mesos pension tools are also located in Tria.
You can buy them from 니케아.
Icon Korean name Specialty Cost NPC 1 힐링 약초 화분 Alchemy 252,900 Mesos 니케아 2 숯불 오븐 Cooking + Beverages 252,900 Mesos 니케아 3 보석 제작 책상 Jewelry (Rings + Necklaces) 252,900 Mesos 니케아
You also have the option to buy the merit variants, they do nothing different, they just cost Merits instead of Mesos.
You can buy these in the Merit shop.
Icon Korean name Specialty Cost 1 포션 정수기 Alchemy 300 Merit 2 물약 제조기 Alchemy 300 Merit 3 버섯 배양기 Alchemy 300 Merit 4 연금술 단지 Alchemy 300 Merit 5 약물 실험 책상 Alchemy 300 Merit 6 포션 정수기 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 7 영양 솥단지 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 8 강철 스토브 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 9 캠핑 모닥불 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 10 원목 간이 조리대 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 11 가스레인지 Cooking + Beverages 300 Merit 12 보석 가공기 Jewelry 300 Merit 13 비즈 공예 책상 Jewelry 300 Merit 14 강철 모루 Jewelry 300 Merit 15 간이 용광로 Jewelry 300 Merit 16 장비 건조대 Jewelry 300 Merit 17 보석 조립 테이블 Jewelry 300 Merit 18 장비 제작 도구함 Jewelry 300 Merit
Every maid needs unique materials to craft certain items. Most of these items are available from two shop in most towns. Some of the items that the maid requires you to get are from mobs around Victoria Island.
I am only doing post-50 patch on these materials as some of the material prices were changed with the latest patch.
You can buy every material except for the Crystal Fragment from this NPC (라벤느) in Tria. You can buy the Crystal Fragments from every potion shop.
Crafting materials from NPC(s)
Icon Koreanname Sold by Price Used for 1 크리스탈 파편 Every potion shop 1,000 Mesos Jewelry (Necklace + Rings) 2 수상한 조미료 2,800 Mesos Cooking 3 모듬 과일 3,500 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 4 모듬 야채 1,500 Mesos Cooking 5 모듬 곡물 1,500 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 6 베이킹 세트 3,600 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 7 삼소수 3,000 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 8 상쾌한 우유 850 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 9 신선한 달걀 600 Mesos Cooking + Beverages 10 레드베리 1,100 Mesos Beverages 11 레드베리 700 Mesos Beverages 12 블루베리 500 Mesos Beverages 13 통통한 닭고기 4,000 Mesos Cooking 14 사파이어 2,400 Mesos Jewelry (Necklace) 15 오팔 1,200 Mesos Jewelry (Necklace) 16 다이아몬드 10,000 Mesos Jewelry (Necklace)
Alchemy materials from Mob(s)
Icon Koreanname Dropped by Used for 1 빨간 약초 Various Mobs Alchemy 2 주황 약초 Various Mobs Alchemy 3 하얀 약 Various Mobs Alchemy 4 특제 빨간 약초 Various Mobs Alchemy 5 주황 약초 Various Mobs Alchemy 6 특제 하얀 약초 Various Mobs Alchemy 7 삼소수 Various Mobs Alchemy 8 박하꽃 뿌리 Various Mobs Alchemy 9 산수유 열매 Various Mobs Alchemy 10 산수유 열매 Various Mobs Alchemy
Beverage materials from Mob(s)
Icon Koreanname Dropped by Used for 1 수상한 감미료 Various Mobs Beverages
Contract options of your house / apartment
Getting to your contract is simple;
The one with the 2015 / 10 / 14 is the most important one, this is the expire date of your contract.
You can do 3 things on this tab;
Keep in mind that you can not renew your contract multiple times, you can only do this once per 30 days.
- Rename your house or apartment
- Renew and pay your contract for next month
- Terminate the contract
Refreshing your Maid
You just simply pay them again when talking to them. Otherwise they'll say that you can't use them.