Anime

Discussion in 'Chat' started by greencactuar, Apr 3, 2014.

1. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Anyone like Anime? :D I'm mainly into reading the Naruto manga, and if you haven't already I'd recommend watching Silver Spoon.

2. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
  3. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Pretty similar to my personal likes. How's Log Horizon? I still haven't seen SAO, but my friend tells me Log is better, but I want to watch both eventually.

4. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    the way i see it so far, Log Horizon is a little more comedic at points while still being serious in terms of story line, much more in-depth plot, and a protagonist who seems to know how to manipulate ppl. I would recommend Log Horizon over SAO anyday.

5. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    @[member='Tsargia'] has watched Log Horizon!

6. its2late4u

Founder

IGN:
    Shekka
    Level:
    I havent seen log horizon, ive seen naruto and shippuden, SAO, AOT; currently watching Nagi No Asukara, Kill la Kill, and working on the last few episodes of Bleach.

And i have 2 48hr guest passes for Crunchyroll...message me if u want 1 :D

7. kiryuin

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    kill la kill is just the best nothing much on that

just finished up magi season two and preparing my anus for AOT

catching up on toriko and watching one piece ^_^

8. ThatWasMyKil

The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    ThatWasMyKil
    Level:
    Job:
  9. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    I just finished Log Horizon and I must say, it shares many similarities with SAO. However, Log Horizon did everything right what SAO did wrong.

SAO is about Kirito (and you could say Asuna) and another 10,000 people who got trapped in the game, knowing exactly why they're trapped and how to get out. While Log Horizon is about Shiroe and all of his friends (it's less exclusive to one character as SAO is) being trapped in a game whilst not knowing why they're trapped or what to do to get out.

SAO starts off really interesting and builds up a lot of hype with a storyline that is absolutely amazing. Then they ruin it around episode 8 when they make the whole story about the relationship between the two main characters. It's like the anime takes a turn from "Pretty darned cool and epic" to "Shoujo romance kawaii desu".

Log Horizon really explores the characters a bit more, giving all characters a chance to shine and develop. They also create a more interesting scenario when it comes to living in the new world.

I must admit, the art style and animation of SAO is superior (opinions may vary), but Log Horizon has the story right and keeps it interesting without forcing romance down people's throats.

Basically my suggestion is to watch SAO till they get to the second part. That's where the entire series goes to shit the most. When you see Kirito walking down the hospital you kind of just stop. That should have been the end. As for Log Horizon, watch that all the way through. The ending is very inconclusive but there's a second season coming in October

It's not so much that the protagonist manipulates people. It's more scenario focused.

10. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    Manipulating might have been a wrong choice of a word, it has a more negative meaning behind it which isnt what i meant, but its more of he knows what he needs to say or do to get people to work together towards a common goal.

11. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I'm a guy, but for some reason I'm a huge sucker for Romance stories so I think I'd like be semi-interested in SAO. I figure both are good, but SAO focuses more on the relationship aspect I guess. I'll probably check em both out later next week.

12. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    I'm a huge sucker for romance stories personally. But I felt so incredibly misled by the first few episodes of SAO that it just didn't feel right that the romance took over the plot. Log Horizon does have a romance plot going on later in the anime.

Yeah I guess that's it.

13. kiryuin

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    MY FEELS FOR KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA ARE JUST TOO STRONG DON'T START WITH ROMANCE ANIMES

2 people like this.
  14. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Oh my god I loved Kaichou :D. I heard there was going to be a second season? o.o I don't know, but the ending made me cry :P. I also cried at clannad every god damn episode!

15. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    People keep telling me that Clannad is all sad and I just can't get through the first 2 episodes without hating how generic it feels.

16. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I absolutely loved it. Every episode brought me to tears, and I mean tears. I guess I can see how it might seem generic, but I genuinely had an amazing time when I was watching it.

17. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    I felt that way too. just work ur way through the first season then the second season (After story) is where it really shines and tears flow. honestly i see the first season as more of just background and getting to know the characters.

18. Orekei

City Guard
    Founder

IGN:
    Orekeitarou
    Level:
    When I was told to watch Clannad, I skipped the First Season. The Second Season made me cry, so much feels.

19. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    So any1 find any interesting anime in this season that just started/is starting?

I had been waiting for Gokukoku no Brynhildr (Eng: Brynhildr in the Darkness), its by the same author as Elfen Lied, and I was already reading the manga. The dub-step opening is pretty awesome in my opinion. The first episode was good considering I have really high hopes for it.

20. Orekei

City Guard
    Founder

IGN:
    Orekeitarou
    Level:
    Not Sure Kairos, but I'm still waiting for Sword Art Online II in July, Log Horizon 2 in October or September or August (unsure), and Date A Live which is being released this month I think. Dragon Ball Kai looks interesting, I haven't watched the first episode yet and the Blade and Soul Anime MMORPG Adaptation is also pretty good with some Ecchi though.