Back In Old Days ! ( When Cosmetic Were Important ) Haha ^_^

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HollowQc, Jan 30, 2015.

1. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    Ok Soooo...
    When We Think About it...
    Maple Story cashshop was based on cosmetic.
    Would you prefer spend yout money on cosmetic and pet to keep the game alive OR prefer spending it on cube ?
    Actually to keep a game alive it have to be FAIR ... so buying cube giving you the opportunity to be stronger than every one...
    So since it unfair nexon lost MANY MANY MANY MANY player cause people don't like to pay to be stronger.(PAY2WIN)

Maple story1 was popular cause the game was FAIR. EveryOne had a crappy DPS.
    Buying Cosmetic Was An Option (Looking Cooler Than Every1 XD)And Buying Pet was an extra but usefull Option.

What Your Opinion?

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Prior to cubes, MS had a much larger population. Because there were more people playing/more people buying nx clothing I think they could survive easier back then.

I feel that purchasing purely cosmetic items with todays population count would sink MS very quickly. Cubes are what is keeping MS afloat right now. No cubes/pay2win = No MS I think.

3. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    But If Cube Would Have Never Existed...You Couldnt Say That.
    Since Everyone Only Knew About Cosmetic And Pet.
    Let Say Maple Would Only Offer Protection Scroll ( NoBoom ).
    So Not A Systeme Abuse But Only A Lil Extra...(NVM Still Unfaire To Make Godly Stuff) Haha

But I Do Understand That The Actual Community Of MS1 Right Now Are Based On Cube...Lol
    Cube Keep MS1 Alive And Even More During Miracle Time.

4. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    I always bought NX for cosmetic purposes. I just love being able to customize my avatar the way I want.

Cubes/Pay2Win aspects began the decline of Maplestory. Non-paying users lagged behind while paying users effortlessly kept moving forward. Unleashed patch only made it worse.

But MS1 dug a hole far too deep for them to climb out. Even if they do remove them from the Cash Shop, MS1 is very likely to plummet. Pay2Win is basically its life support.

#4 Sergeachu, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  5. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Do you think the MS playerbase would be any larger today if cubes were never introduced?

2 people like this.
  6. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    it hard to tell...god dam the game was popular for what it was....but nexon did make it grow even more.since it wouldnt be cube it would be another systeme i would say...something diffrent to make people stronger...like skill multiplier or similar shet haha! maybe attacking pet skill !

7. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I feel the answer is: Yes, definitely. The cube system needed one or more tweaks to be awesome to everybody, but they didn't wanted to make it true.

8. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    What do you mean 'back in the day when cosmetic were important'

Making your character look Kawaii is the #1 goal in Maplestory :swoon:

9. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    @Flya for me not at all. i prefer when your char look like a warrior instand of a child with a weapon in hand...well that my opinion :)

10. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    I still only use the cash shop to buy clothing/things to make my character look better. That's how I always did it and I don't plan on changing because Nexon introduced pay 2 win. But I do understand that the player base is shrinking so they do need some kind of system to make the game last. It's understandable, but I don't say it's ideal. I don't like pay 2 win. (Looking at you, EA)