Balrog

Discussion in 'MapleStory 2 Videos' started by Vinje, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Vinje

City Guard

Well, here is a fight with Balrog, and he looks really really hard to fight.

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Yeahhh, look at all of that HP! The class that guy was playing only had about 800 health at one point in time. I feel like Balrog would need 20+ people to kill.

3. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I'm surprised about how hard are the bosses, and I love it!

4. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    It looks like a lot of fun. Bossing in an MMO can be a lot of fun, if done right. I personally think MS1 does a lot of it wrong (although I'll be the first to admit it's getting better... slowly). For me, bossing in MS2 will be perfect if:

1.) There are NO PERCENT BASED ATTACKS! What's the point of a tanking class if all bosses have damage reflect and do damage equivalent to 99.9% of your health.
    2.) Make bosses instanced to allow as many people as possible (within reason, obviously) to boss at the same time -OR- Allow anyone to join in at anytime to a killing of a boss and change the way loot works (see number 3).
    3.) Have bosses drop a small pool of loot specific to each person, instead of one large pool that must be shared among everyone. If everyone participates, everyone should get something, and no matter how hard you try to put things into place to prevent one guy from taking everything: people suck, and can't be trusted. You could even have some sort of "heat" meter on your screen during bossing, and the more you attack the higher your "heat" meter would go, and the loot you obtain would be better the higher it gets.

I'm sure there are other things I didn't think of, but I've always thought bossing in MS1 would be infinitely more fun if they'd just make some of those changes.

5. Vinje

City Guard

Well I can confirm that number 3 is in the game. Everyone gets loot and players can get more/better loot if you overkill the boss (Not sure if this part is exactly true but everyone still gets their own loot).

6. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    Aaand my hype level just went through the roof. I must play this game RIGHT NOW!

7. Harms

City Guard
    Founder

This is sick this will take so many people to kill. It will also take skill and planning.

2 people like this.
  8. kiryuin

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    i'm getting heavy SAO vibes from this

9. Sleepy Saif

IGN:
    SleepySaif
    Love it! Team-work makes the dream work.

10. Meyling

Oooh~ and it was difficult for me to defeat Balrog in MS1 :spooky:

11. Curry King

I hope they make a Shadow Balrog since bosses like Devlin will be "Shadowized"