Bug reward program on KMS2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mino, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Mino

City Guard
    Ambassador

IGN:
    Mino
    Job:
    I can't post a link (because i'm not allowed to do so :<), but as you may heard of it, KMS2 going to reward bug reporters (up to 1 million won) if meet these requirements;
    1. Serious bug (which has a potential to ruin game economy) that they're not aware of
    2. After you reported, you should not use it anymore.
    3. Benefits from bug should be reversible
    (They didn't state reversible means system-wide or just a benefits you took. However, judging by context I would assume benefits you took)

I think this is very good move. But also led me a new question; Do you believe same policy will be applied to GMS2?
    btw, i couldn't think of any good title. better title would be appreciated :<

#1 Mino, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2015
  2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    You couldn't post a link because this was your first post. It's an anti-bot thing. If you want, you can send me the link and I'll edit your post this time.

I'm surprised they're so eager to give away money so soon! You said in the shoutbox
    Heres to hoping this reward system makes it to GMS2 and hopefully the rest of Nexons games.

3. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    Having such a system could be very good for the game. Why exploit a major bug, that will likely get rolled back or get you banned, when you can report it and actually earn a reward. I would assume that this is a first-come, first-served sort of thing? Otherwise the system could be highly exploitable: "Hey everyone, go report [bug] to get your reward!"

3 people like this.
  4. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    First come first serve, yep. That would be the only way to make it work.

5. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    Has to be on a first come, first served basis. But what if a group of players discovered it at the same time?

6. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Are you asking "what if a group of players report it at the same time"? If so, it'll probably play out like the lottery. The prize pool will be divided up by x players.

7. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I'm sure they will do this.
    And about GMS2, I feel they are already making some moves towards that point in the MS1 department (The idea of a council of people to help Nexon about the game), I will be really happy if they keep this policy ^^.