Class opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jampysos, May 6, 2015.

1. Jampysos

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Hey guys, as CBT is coming to a close a lot of people have a good amount of experience with 1, 2 or maybe even 3 classes at a solid lvl (20+).

So if we could rate each class and give a short review of it so the public could know the perceived strengths and weaknesses of each class in the respective testers opinion, that would be great.

If we could follow this format I would appreciate it:

Survivability: 0-10 (How tanky is the class? Can you take a hit?)
    Damage: 0-10 (How does your dmg stack up on those bossing raids?)
    Mobility: 0-10 (How well do you get around?)
    Range: 0-10 (How far is your range of your attacks)
    Difficulty: 0-5 (Did you feel like you were lvling out of control? Were boss raids fun? or a chore?)
    Other: (Any other comments you have regarding the class that might not be represented above)

(0 is very bad, 10 is exceptional! 0 Difficulty is easy, 5 difficulty is extremely hard!)

Thanks!
    P.S. (For you lazies):
    Survivability: /10
    Damage: /10
    Mobility: /10
    Range: /10
    Difficulty: /5
    Other:

#1 Jampysos, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. Jampysos

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Ranger

Survivability: 3/10
    Damage: 8/10
    Mobility: 5/10
    Range: 10/10
    Difficulty: 3.5/5
    Other: Mainly a 1v1 class, mobbing skill has a good knockback in order to keep melee monsters at bay even when they get close. You don't rly have the HP or def to stick hard hits from monsters your lvl, you are best waiting until your party/someone else aggros a mob/boss before you attack. DMG wise we are pretty good, especially when you get the Fire Arrow attack, which shoots arrows with even less delay then the already crazy fast Strafe. Your Strafe attacks at a range of 9m, which means fully zoomed out, you can attack monsters off the screen, this is really useful because keeping your distance is paramount, as you don't rly have the tankiness to take a too many hits. I think this might be the premier bossing class (no evidence to back this), but grinding and mobbing is so difficult, it balances out the struggle.

+ Long range
    +Great DPS
    +Great knockback skill
    -Bad survivability, low def

[​IMG]

#2 Jampysos, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. Wolf

Help Bot

Lionheart Guild

IGN:
    스타Wolf
    Level:
    Job:
    Beserker

Survivability: 4/10
    Mobility: 9/10
    Range: 4/10
    Difficulty: 2/5

Other: A 1v1 class with good mobbing skills. For a warrior class is pretty squishy as you are front lining in a sense. DMG wise very nice Beserker has good DPS with heavy hitting basic attacks that look and feel heavy, Beserker has a projectile slash that makes mobbing mobs together easier and the Beserker's action skill is a leaping strike that can be used 3 times in a row consecutively and uses EP. Most people want to know if the class is viable for bossing and from what I have scene so far I would say maybe as they lack defensive skills resulting in death. Recommenced to have a Priest constantly healing when low. Havn't tried PVP yet but from what I have heard they lack gap closers that I can't see why due to being able to jump 3 times.

Mob > Boss
    + Hack and Slash
    + Spin to Win
    + Good DPS
    + Fun Gap Closer
    - Low Def
    - Life Steal skill could be better

#3 Wolf, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    Tempest, Sovats, Tentar and 1 other person like this.
  4. Towker

aw yiss

IGN:
    Towker
    Oh these mini reviews are fun to read! Keep 'em coming :swoon2:

Jampysos likes this.
  5. Tentar

professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Shoutbox
    Level:
    Job:
    this is pretty sick. i fucking suck at reviews but im rooting for you boys

6. Phuuz

★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    Phuuz
    Job:
    Assassin

Survivability: 6~7/10
    Range: 8/10
    Difficulty: 1~2/5
    Utility: 0/5
    Other:

PvE:

Such an easy class to master especially PvE wise. Resembles a lot of skills from rogue's in WoW for me. Dodge is amazing, which makes mobility a breeze, dodging or going to other platforms etc. is easy. It's amazing. But if you are bad at dodging stuff, you're to have a bad time. Assassins are squishy.

Range wise, we are good, Except Circle of Stars isn't particularly really the perfect skill for ranged as it does an AoE skill around you. So it basically asks you to be close to the mobs / boss to get the most benefit of your AoE attack or ranged to hit all the mobs so you don't miss any DPS output.

Damage wise we are on top, we are good single target and AoE. It's where we should be because we bring nothing but DPS to the party so that's pretty bad at the moment. Would love to see something like smoke bomb for Assassins.

All in all pretty happy of Assassins at the moment. Some classes are missing some great spells / passive, assassins are included in that aswell so I'm curious how every class stacks to each other when every class has every passive / spell.

I haven't tried out PvP so I can't comment on that.

+ Medium to long range
    + Great Mobility
    + Great DPS (Single target)
    + Good AoE

-
    No party utility at all
    - Squishy

#6 Phuuz, May 7, 2015
    Tempest, Aevy, Siggy and 3 others like this.
  7. Wolf

Help Bot

Lionheart Guild

IGN:
    스타Wolf
    Level:
    Job:
    Thats pretty high ratings 0_0

8. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    This is all the a class needs. We found a winner, boys.

Catlaunch likes this.
  9. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Wizard

Survivability:
    4/10
    Range: 9/10

PVE:

Wizard is a strong class from the get go. You start at level 10 with chain lightning. Because of the nature of chain lightning, the skill is very effective in mobbing. Also because of the nature of chain lightning your early level SP usage will be horrible. The skill can drain your SP from 100-0 in 2-3 seconds.

Later levels you learn "Frost Nova" and "Fire Tornado" which makes mobbing an easy job for you. Ice to slow mobs down, fire tornado to burn and do high damage.

Teleport is a major letdown. You'd assume a wizard that phases through the map could at least go through walls or up/down platforms. Nope, you just move a few blocks ahead of where you were.
    Save your EP for your balloons or (if you're like me) your Eagle/Hawk.

One of my major complaints with this class are with "Ice Strike" and "Magic Armor". Upon casting Ice Strike (A high damage ice skill) ice will fall from the sky and hit an area roughly "6m" in front of you. This is a decently difficult skill to control with a long waiting time between casting and the actual damage taking place. Not only do you not have a reliable indicator of where this skill will land but the wait gives mobs enough time to move out of the way.

Magic Armor in its current state is a decent skill. The problem with it is the duration of the skill and the cooldown.

Level 1
    >Absorb 20% damage from a monster at a 3% chance for 5 seconds. You can activate this skill once every 10 seconds.
    Level 10
    >Absorb 50% damage from a monster at a 9% chance for 5 seconds. You can activate this skill once every 10 seconds.

I don't have any problem with the skill really, just its low duration and high cooldown. You can look at Priests "Shield of Archon" as an example of how to correctly create a skill with similar features.

Level 1
    >Reduces damage taken by 15% for 60 seconds & deals 10% damage per second to enemies around you
    Level 5
    >Reduces damage taken by 25% for 60 seconds & deals 20% damage per second to enemies around you.

I understand priest is a squishy support class but at least they have a reliable shield that lasts more than 5 seconds. I don't even care about the damage done to enemies.

PVP:
    I haven't done any PVP yet. Maybe later~

+ Great mobbing
    + Decent damage
    + Large variety of ranged skills

- Squishy but manageable
    - Needs Nexon to give it a look over.
    - Teleport doesn't go through walls ._.

#9 Zelkova, May 7, 2015
    Tempest, Siggy, Sovats and 2 others like this.
  10. Lolicat

Curious Kitty

IGN:
    Lolicat
    Assassin

Survivability: 6/10
    Mobility: 10/10
    Difficulty: 3/5

Survivability is high only if you're a pro at dodging. Damage is great in bossing and mobbing - especially bossing. I don't think there's a class with better mobility than assassin. I rate difficulty a 3/5 because it can fluctuate from a 1-5 depending on your reaction time!

+ High mobility
    + Exceptional bossing & mobbing
    - Squishy af

PvP
    Assassin excels at group pvp. As an assassin in group pvp you probably wanna move in the shadows and only make your strike when your enemy is low on hp (ksing). 1v1 pvp is a bit tough for assassin against warriors but assassins have the advantage over squishy melee classes like thief. I hope the classes get a little more pvp balance before OBT because right now, berserker is unstoppable at 1v1 and priest is the group pvp god right now!

Jampysos and Wolf like this.
  11. Whyte

Bishop of Oryx
    Wiki Editor

Envoy

IGN:
    WhyteMS
    Level:
    Job:
    Priest! (who guessed I'd be doing this??)

Survivability: 9/10 - you only die if you get 1shot
    Damage: 6/10
    Mobility: 1/10 - for real. no mobility skills at all
    Range: 10/10 9 tile/12 tile attacks
    Utility: 12/10
    Other: Best class :^)

Jampysos likes this.
  12. Tentar

professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Shoutbox
    Level:
    Job:
    wait a second i thought you were talking about priests not thieves

13. Jampysos

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Bump. Open to any and anyone!

14. Haki

Tria's #1 Koreaboo

Libre Guild

Assassin

Survivability: 5
    Damage: 8
    Mobility: 10
    Range:8
    Difficulty: 3
    Other: So much fun. If you want to be untouchable in the heat of battle, then assassins would be something to look into! You will excel in single target DPS, multi-target DPS (as you skills should be hitting more than one mob at a time unless bossing), and evading danger. Note that if you do get hit, you will be taking quite a bit of damage because you simply aren't built for it. You will absolutely be getting one shot by raid bosses and map bosses alike, but that's expected. Depending on your reaction time and knowledge of your limits, you should be avoiding large amounts of damage that would otherwise kill you. Farming is just fine as you can pull mobs with your large range, group all of them up in a circle around you, kite them, run away with your Dark Sight, and if you're simply surrounded, spam Circle of stars to kill everything around you. Use the map to your advantage; there's a lot more room to run around so take that into account when mobbing and/or bossing.

Jampysos likes this.
  15. Island

Did they buff HG yet? (╯°□°)--︻╦╤─
    Jr Moderator

IGN:
    Island
    Level:
    Job:
    Unfortunately, without a clear foundation or rules,
    everyones explanation and rating system will be biased.
    (due to the fact that not everyone has played all available classes.)

but at the least, I will do my best to explain all the classes I HAVE tried and the reasoning behind them.
    I will also try my best to NOT be biased.

HEAVY GUNNER
    Survivability: 4/10
    Damage: 7/10
    Range: 6/10

Other:
    Let me go down the list.

Meanwhile the Heavy Gunner class is a branch off the Ranger class, it does have little better defensive stats and HP than the ranger. However, the Ranger class excels in kiting and single target DPS more so than the Heavy Gunner class.

Heavy Gunners are definitely much better in terms of AoE damage, and mob clearing, but lacks the "skill sets" to comfortable engage raids. Heavy Gunners do have a dashing skill, (jump away skill) which also has a chance to increase DPS, but I didn't feel that it made much of a difference.

Their movements do feel little clunky, and since the Gatling Fire (SP Skill) has almost twice the range as your Flamethrower skill (Main Skill), positioning is extremely vital in Bosses and Raids, which I guess brings down its survivability quite a bit even though this is a ranged class.

Needless to say, there are some really mechanically good Heavy Gunner players who are doing top Damage in raids, but they are so few and far in between. If you want to be doing big things with a Heavy Gunner, your controlling of character will play a direct impact on your overall damage.

Knight
    Survivability: 9/10
    Damage: 7/10
    Range: 3/10
    Difficulty: ?/5

Other:
    Before you go crazy about why I gave such high ratings, please allow me to fully explain.

Clearly, the fact that this class is called a "Knight" already describes its tankiness and beefiness.
    As if that was not already enough, several of Knights skills are even tailored to specialize in such fashion.
    Key down defensive skill, passive Block Proc, dashes used for stuns and knockbacks... etc. you get the picture.

Giving a knight a 7 damage rating was solely because of 2 skills that Knights have.
    Throwing Shield, and their Passive skill. (That I currently cannot recall its name.)

The passive gives a 4 second buff that allows every attacking skills used become a critical hit.
    Now to proc this passive, all you have to do is sit there and block.
    You don't really do anything specific to "block", rather you block automatically depended on your stats.
    so Imagine you stack the stats to give you contant block proc, and your skills will constantly be doing crits.
    and if that wasnt enough.... You have a Shield you throw, which bounces 4 times. It lowers their defensive stats and from what I BELIEVE it stacks.

9 Mobility on a knight? What am I crazy?
    3 dashes (EP Skill) with a knockback + Piercing Blade (SP Skill) which has a chance to STUN, and if activated second time, you dash a short distance, virtually blinking through anything in front of you.

After trying it out in-game, with a full EP and SP bar, You can use 3 Dashes + 6 "Blinks" consecutively.
    Mind you that's including Knockbacks + chance to stun.

Range is 3 obviously. Nothing to talk about here.

The difficulty...
    A bad player can utilize a Knight and die a lot less than other classes. It's is pretty easy.
    However a good Knight player will make full use of their combinations and do the maximum damage.

I was able to kill bosses just face-rolling on my keyboard and not dying.
    I also witnessed a Knight in a Raid doing 2nd in Damage right after Assassin.
    I will leave the difficulty at ? for now.

Priest
    Survivability: 9/10
    Damage: X/10
    Mobility: 4/10
    Difficulty: 4/5

Other:

First off, if you die, you're doing something wrong.

The priest is actually from my personal experience the most interesting to play.
    I have seen many play a priest in a MS1 approach, where they focus on healing and doing absolutely nothing.

In MS2 it is definitely more challenging and at the same time feels like a hint of fresh air...

Priests have the POTENTIAL to out-damage any of the classes, but obviously that drops depending on certain situations. in Raids their damage suffers because you do spend some time healing. In PVP you can virtually dismantle any class with correct positioning.

So it all comes down to: The more time you spend healing, the harder your damage drops. Pretty simple. However healing is definitely necessary and you should not try to beat an Assassin in damage in a Raid.

One other thing to point out is that, Priests did not get their mobility skill in the FCBT. I believe you had to reach well past level 30+ to grab their first mobility skill which from my understand is pretty bad. It uses all EP to teleport to the closest enemy, and gives some defensive stats to party near you or something... but for a full EP bar? no thanks.

At best this skills will probably be used as more of a supportive skill.

The range is pretty extensive. The basic SP skill reaches really really far, hitting up to 3 targets and applying tick damage. Also the range of Angel Ray is.... well.... Kamehameha or something...

Assassin
    Survivability: 6/10
    Damage: 9/10
    Mobility: 7/10

Other:

I have said this before and I will say it again:
    "I respect the Assassin Class, not the player"

Dodge chance. straight forward. Low HP pool but extremely ranged with dodge chance and Dark Sight. As long as you do not take tremendous aggro, you should not be dying.

Every Raids top 3 damage at least has 1 Assassin. Numbers speaks for itself.

The dashes that Assassins have are what I believe the best dash in the game.
    The only reason is being that the start up animation (in frames) feels and looks to be the lowest of all the dashes in the game. Also the movement buff in Dark Sight is a SMALL boost.

Honestly though, there not much more I can say about the Assassin class...
    It is a good class. I respect it.
    I just don't respect the user.
    But its too hard to give up, because it does so much work.

(FYI: I played an Assassin as well)

I hope this was helpful
    I tried hard not to be biased, but I think I failed.

awww well!

#15 Island, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Tempest, Aevy, Jampysos and 1 other person like this.
  16. Lolicat

Curious Kitty

IGN:
    Lolicat
    @Island why do you say "I respect the Assassin class, not the player" ???

17. Island

Did they buff HG yet? (╯°□°)--︻╦╤─
    Jr Moderator

IGN:
    Island
    Level:
    Job:
    I don't dislike the players who play Assassins so don't take this the wrong way:

For the amount of damage they do and how much they boast about it in-game, I realized that its the class that is somewhat imbalanced. (and not the players efforts)
    I believe if anyone had great equips, they can do a lot of damage with an Assassin because it is not particularly hard to control.

Siggy likes this.
  18. ThatWasMyKil

The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    ThatWasMyKil
    Level:
    Job:
    I don't think this is the right way around, you cant blame the player for a class that is OP - there will always be players who want the power boost for no extra effort that's not a bad thing.

Siggy and AtomicAdam like this.
  19. Tentar

professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Shoutbox
    Level:
    Job:
    Yeah, that's why we got people playing face hunter and shit. Effort isn't fun to some people.

Haki likes this.
  20. Whyte

Bishop of Oryx
    Wiki Editor

Envoy

IGN:
    WhyteMS
    Level:
    Job:
    They make my bad decks feel sad

Tentar likes this.