[Discuss] KMST 1.2.002

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AtomicAdam, Dec 11, 2014.

?

What do you think about the update?

1. It's great!

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I'm indifferent.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. I hate it. CHANGE IT BACK!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    So another update has released in KMST. You can read about it here: http://orangemushroom.net/2014/12/11/kmst-ver-1-2-002-fight-return-of-the-legends/

Here are my thoughts:

It seems they may finally be implementing some form of PvP that can actually work in maple. PvP using your own characters never could have worked because everyone is on different levels in terms of actual level and damage. The method they used to try to avoid this originally also didn't work, because tanky classes, like us Paladins could just stand there and tank everything. The new form of PvP kind of reminds me of LoL, but I only played that 2 or 3 times, so I can't say for sure. Personally I'm excited to check it out, although I fear it will be dead a few months after release, if/when it comes to GMS.

It also looks like they received a better version of the Old Maple Event, which is linked to the return of Happyville in KMS. It's kind of nice that one of the most nostalgic areas of maple now has an addition. I hope their new Happyville comes with new quests. After doing this year's Happyville in GMS, I've realized that it's rather stale, and I wish they would add more christmas-themed quests.

Note about Happyville (put this in a spoiler because it ended up being kinda long, and doesn't relate to the patch):
    I've also noticed that this is the "third' Happyville. For those who don't know, in the first year of GMS, Happyville basically looked like a darker version of El Nath. In its second year it was revamped to look all christmasey. Personally, I wasn't a HUGE fan of this one, the rocketing santa in the background kinda ruined the serenity of Christmas to me, but it was better than the first. Sometime between the second year of happyville and the third, Happyville was revamped again. It was a more realistic depiction of a Christmas town and I loved it. The only people that could see it were people who entered Happyville and didn't leave when the event ended. I remember someone posted a screenshot that showed them in this new version. Apparently all of the NPCs and portals were broken and it was still in early development. For unknown reasons, when Happyville arrived that year, it was the same town as the year before. For whatever reason they decided to scrap the new design. I'm glad that its making a return.

All this is nice, but my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE change in this patch is the ability to re-order your characters in the character selection screen. If we get world transfers back, I plan to move my Paladin to Bera, and it would have annoyed me so much if he was on the second page of my characters. I like my mains to be in the first slot of the page. It will also be nice to reorganize my characters, although I fear I will spend too much time doing this, just like I do when I reorganize my list of Steam games.

Anyway, what do you think about the update?

2. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    My 2 main characters are on pages 4 and 2, so reordering characters is going to be great. PvP I couldn't care less, I have never been that interested in any type of PvP in any game but I'll still try it once or twice.

3. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I like most of the changes, I would like to see the Auction House in GMS.
    And I have never been in Happyville o.o...

4. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    I would love to the the auction house too. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. They say it's "very buggy" which is why they don't release it here, but I can't help but want to respond with "ok... so fix the issues with it and release it." It feels more like an excuse to me.

5. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    pvp looks too much like boss arena. It s meh for me atm

6. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

It's a really lame excuse. If you think a little bit, the auction house is screwed with the economy of the servers and they don't want to expose it.