Event Cycle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kairos, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    Is anyone else tired of the endless coin shop event cycle we've had for a long time now?

Even anniversaries are now just coin shops. Sure the items in our coin shops lately have been amazing, but in the end it's nothing new. I believe this cycle is slowly becoming one of the reasons many people are getting bored of Maple. So then, what can Nexon really do to change this and give us exciting and new events?

I'm hoping for events like we had in the past, like the Unwelcome Guest event and (for those really long time players) the Agent event. These events lasted the span of a whole month, unlocked more of the event as time passed, and had many separate events/quests within them. They were based on dedication, not RNG (looking at you bingo) or nonsensical question (OX quiz), to progress and receive rewards. Although needing to put in tons of time into events might not be possible for everyone (looking at you agent O gloves... needing me to sit in a mini dungeon for 100 hours... yet I still did it...), many parts of the events just needed an hour or so to be ready to move on, with the option of doing more for a better reward. They also couldn't just be bought out by buying coin service from someone, although admittedly the events we have now have somewhat become the backbone of the in game economy.

But lets face it, these types of events take a lot of development and who has time to develop events when we could just release 3 more classes within the next year, right?... Well, I would honestly be all for recycling these events with both new and old rewards (re-release of VIP Weapons anyone) while they come up with new events. One thing I fear about this idea is that they would become heavily damage dependent (aka pay-to-win). That is one thing I do enjoy about our current events, anyone can do them. Maybe a mix of good events (which should be the main focus) and a coin shop.

Enough of my incomplete ideas and rattling on, what are your feeling on our current cycle of coin shops? Ideas for new events? How to make coin shop events better and less tiresome? Any other discussion point I left out answer it?

2. Ragunaga

City Guard

Level:
    (Kinda off topic first: I would kill for another round of Unwelcomed Guests in maple. My character was too low leveled to really do anything in it when the event came around~)

I do agree with you on the front that the coin events are getting really annoying. Generally it's just coins, paired with a daily kill 300 monsters, with boxes now. I miss those huge mega events that had mini-storylines incorporated in em. Heck, anything other than omok and coins is a welcome change, and I believe we should see that change with how much easier it seems that it would be for Maplestory 2 to have whole new maps created.

3. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    I didn't bother with the summer coin shop. Too annoying to farm coins. Although OX Quiz