Feelings after CBT. Share your opinion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luxorris, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Luxorris

So, CBT ended and we have some new information about game. Whats yours opinion about game right now? Its gonna fail or not? It is a good game, or maybe typical Korean crap?
    I think that game is pretty good, I don't play, so my opinion isn't objective, but I watched around ~12 hours (even more but this 12h gameplay was form one player who record form 1lvl to 35lvl) of gameplay and stream on Twitch. Game is very casual but in same time really hard, Zakum is really hard, and some bosses can make trouble. I like that is very social game. Personally I can't tell it if gonna be as popular as MapleStory (1) but I have good feeling about this. Hope P2W don't destroy game like MS, I know that Nexon change politic and they don't wanna be ''Donson'' any longer, so finger cross.

2. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    Watching the CBT has made me more excited for the game than I was before. I'm still not sure how much I'm going to like it, or if I'm going to want to play it for an extended period of time (by which I mean years), but at the very least, it looks like it'll be really fun for a few months.

3. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    I think the game is going to be really successfully. Though considering the amount of the amount of viewers the Maplestory II streams had during the 4 days of CBT, makes me think they won't be that many Veteran players. I'm still positive that Maplestory II will be as popular or even surpass how popular Maplestory was back in the days.

On the last day of CBT, I got to watch PvP on Channel Onion's twitch, it seems PvP is a bit more skill reliant, where you need to know how to best utilize your skills considering the limited SP you have. On top of that, it looks much more fun than the PvP Maplestory have.

Really, the only problem I had was the blocky waterfall I saw.

Knights seem to be lacking in the tank department. Heck, Onion read on the website where someone said; "don't party a Knight, they'll slow you down. "

#3 Sergeachu, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  4. Sorrowful

Level:
    I'll be honest, I'm less excited about the game now than I was prior to all the CBT footage. The game seems less and less like it's for me, but I'm surely gunna still try/play it.
    From a general perspective, I think it's gunna be a big hit and succeed with all the customization and the whole block world and what not. I know a lot of people are going to appreciate the depths of customization available.
    All in all, I'm hoping to enjoy it more than I think I will; and I think it's going to be a nice addition to many peoples' list of games that they play on a regular basis.

5. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    I'm still looking forward to it and there's more customization than I thought. It doesn't have to be the best game for me to play it. It just has to be a fun game.

6. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I saw little bits of the game, and overall my hype stand in the same amount.
    I hope to make ingame and enjoy the game.

7. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    Hard Bosses that aren't all just dps!! Really excited for that, especially that we are controlling a 3d environment instead of a 2d. Really excited for the game. This game will be a good change in pace for me

8. Siggy

City Guard

IGN:
    Siggy
    Level:
    Job:
    I watched Channel_Onion's streams and I really liked what I saw overall.

I have a feeling that leveling might be even harder on release. I think that because it was CBT, maybe the developers wanted the testers to get through all of the content within the CBT time. Either that or they just scaled down the level for boss fights so they could get some testing done. I welcome a hard leveling experience though, so that levels may actually mean something.

Due to MapleStory 2 having the promise of UGC, leveling is something that I will most likely be doing on the side.

My only concern with the game overall is the usefulness of each different class. It seems to me that melee classes get the short end of the stick having to deal with all the boss mechanics up close, and seemingly lacking any tankiness whatsoever. I would've liked it if they had implemented AGGRO/HATE on bosses so that tanks(knight) could actually do their job like in most other MMOs, but it's not too big of a deal for me.

Like others have said, I don't know whether I'll actually like this game enough to play it nonstop, but I'll definitely be trying it along with a group of RLs of mine.

9. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Heres to hoping that user generated content will make it to NA release. With Korea they can just ban your Nexon account/effectively your kssn. In NA you can just make a new account with a new email address.

10. Siggy

City Guard

IGN:
    Siggy
    Level:
    Job:
    Do you think that's a real possibility? I'm not sure what to think because the game seems like it's very heavily geared towards that, so it would suck if they didn't include UGC. With that said, I can understand why they wouldn't want to.

11. Spadow

City Guard
    Founder

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Spadow
    Job:
    Of course user generated content will come to North America. It is one of the selling points of MapleStory 2.
    All in all, I enjoyed the CBT. I cannot wait for OBT to try out Berserker. Hopefully OBT is around April.

2 people like this.
  12. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    How do you think Nexon America will regulate obscene content?

13. Spadow

City Guard
    Founder

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Spadow
    Job:
    Internally they'll have a method involving the Game Masters. Players can also report content. UGC will not be removed in the North American version. If Koreans can do it, North Americans can do it as well. We're all human beings, right? Both teams communicate with each other.

14. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    They'll need to have a better policing system than they currently do then. If they put as much effort into disciplining players in MS2 as they do in MS1 (in NA) then I can only see this becoming a headache.

15. Siggy

City Guard

IGN:
    Siggy
    Level:
    Job:
    I'm really hoping they step up their GM game for MS2. MapleStory was infested with hackers and it totally killed it for me. I honestly never understood what was so hard about getting a decent number of GMs to patrol the different maps and channels in the game. I hope they have good systems in place to prevent hacking and whatnot.

#15 Siggy, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  16. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    Well I Feel Even More Exited ! I Need To Try MS2 So BAD. I Wanted To Be A Part Of MS2 CBT But I Was Basicly Just WAY TOO MUCH busy. So Too Bad I Watched Stream :p Hoping This Is A Rebirth Of MS1 Old Version.( With Some Modification )