1. Please remember that this forum is for MapleStory 1 Q&A. If you need MapleStory 2 help please post there instead.

frame drops

Discussion in 'Q & A' started by AuleThe1st, May 1, 2014.

1. AuleThe1st

Level:
    Hey guys

I've been trying the event jump quest, but I keep getting fps drops for really short times seriously messing up my jumps by not registering key inputs ...

it looks like it's affected by the height I'm currently at in the map which leads me to think it has something to do with the rendering and I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with this

my guess would be that the server has to tell my computer what image he has to load as background or something and that my ping is what's screwing me over here.

I hope that's not the case because that I can't fix and I'd really like to get the chair :)

greetz

2. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    I havent had any issue with frame drops whatsoever whilst doing the jumpquest. Maybe if you restart maplestory it will solve your issue.

3. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    This has always happened. Maplestory is comprised of nothing more than images, your client lagged while loading an image. Try changing your default picture quality to low, you shouldn't lag at all/that hard afterward.

4. AuleThe1st

Level:
    I tried lowering the quality, but it didn't help :(

ah well, ...

tx anyways

5. sjxsong

T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    some tips for you if you are trying to get the Neptune chair

1) Find a party with a bishop.
    This is extremely helpful in the 2nd part of the JQ (with necki), because bishop has that shield skill that gives you 100% avoid for a short period of time, so you can just ignore
    those neckis'

2) Do the JQ with a Mercedes
    Mercedes can use the skill "tornado leap" in the JQ (I think it's a glitch, maybe Nexon will fix it, so try to finish it before the next patch/maintenance), it's basically a double jump.
    Me personally, I was able to finish this JQ around 3 minutes if i don't fall or anything

3) Do this JQ with a character that has a very high avoidability
    With high avoid, you will be able to "guard" the neckis for the 2nd part of the JQ, also very helpful because you can just semi-ignore those monsters

2 people like this.