Getting More Viewers

Discussion in 'Live Streams' started by HollowQc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    I Noticed People Prefer Watching Someone Streaming The Same Game Everytime.
    Instand of someone who try new games .
    But sometime it actually funnier to try different game but some viewers that come often to your stream...are upset to see you play a different game.
    Some of em don't care cause they just like watching you play anything.

So what the most important fact when you stream?
    -You ? ( Entertaining Your Viewers )
    or
    -The Game You Play ?

Cause I Noticed Some Popular People That Stream...Play Crappy Games And There Still ALOT of people whos watching em.

So I Guess The Answer Is ( YOU ).

What You Think About it?

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I feel like when it comes to streaming its like 75% about the streamer and 25% about the content you're streaming. (That is unless you're REALLY good at the game or are a speedrunner, then its probably more like 80-100% about the game :XD:)

If you can build up a reliable fanbase you can get away with streaming whatever you want. Let's look at Phantoml0rd for example.
    The dude started off playing League of Legends. He gained a huge following from League because he played it well. Now he just streams himself opening CS:GO crates (Like gachapon really) which requires no skill, but people are there because of the streamer. (He also gives away stuff he opens in the boxes so that might help as well.)

3. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    Every stream I watch is for the broadcaster not the game. One of my favorite streamers, Sevadus, runs his stream as he describes it "As talk show with gaming in the background" because it is really about the community he has built round the stream, and not the gaming content.

4. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    I do think the most important part of streaming is the streamer themselves. If you're a good streamer, people will come and watch you. But the fact also stands that you won't get a massive fan base playing smaller games. The most popular streamers are the ones who stream the most popular games. And sometimes you don't even need to be a good streamer to get views. A player from League of Legends named "Hi Im Gosu" has never been seen or heard but they will still get thousands of viewers easily despite the fact no one knows what they look like/sound like. So I guess it's a little bit of both when it comes to streaming. Be a good streamer or just stream the games people want to see.

5. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    A lot of the time i actual watch streamers for the gaming side not so much of the commentator. Although most of the streams i do watch on twitch are speedrunns i do also enjoy watching some people for their personality and atmosphere on their channel.