Is anyone else worried about Maplestory 2 in regards to Maplestory 1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ignewton, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Ignewton

Level:
    I mean the hype train is real, Maplestory 2 seems interesting and I'm sure it will be loads to try out!
    But is anyone else worried that all the time, effort, perhaps money, into your Maplestory 1 account will just be wasted? I mean in the 7-8 years I have played I have FINALLY been able to get decent range, yet a whole lot of cherished equips with stories behind them, friends, and memories Will be left behind.

I guess I'm just saying what will happen to Maplestory 1 when 2 gets released? And do you think they will have some sort of veteran program, event, surprise, something of the sort?

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    GMS still stay alive and well until the costs of running it exceed the profit it makes.

Keep in mind that Nexon America makes way less money than every other branch of Nexon out there.

3. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Well the way I see it is an MMORPG can close down at any time so spending money is something you do at your own risk. GMS isn't as dead as some people say it's just they need to cut the servers in half.

4. Josh

City Guard
    Founder

MapleStory 1 has been in bad condition for a long time yet it's still around and it probably will be for a while.
    The hard truth is that regardless of the game, some day it will lose its publisher's online support, and when things like that happen, third party sources, whether another company or an individual, will reboot the game, kinda like private servers.
    Unfortunately, knowing Nexon, they probably won't let anyone do that even after they've dropped the game. :(

5. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Well I don't think it's up to Nexon? Don't Wizet and Nexon have to annualy renew their contract and when the contract expires they can try to find another publisher? Not to sure, but what I do know is as long as theres profit to be made then they'll continue both games.

6. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    According to Wikipedia Nexon is the parent company of Wizet. I doubt there will be any severance of MS from Nexon unless Nexon needs to sell off assets for some reason.

7. Harms

City Guard
    Founder

Wasted time and effort? Na, there two different games, its sequel. Its not replacing the original game at all. Both are going to up at the same time. Also MS1 and MS2 will just probably have crossover events and that's about it, nothing for special for veterans and MS1 players as they are two separate games.

8. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I can see them giving away some items to players who played the original MapleStory like for example if they have the title system Or the medal system as its called in MS maybe veterans will receive like a special medal only veterans got. Who knows though!

9. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    Im somewhat worried of how NX is going to work in this game. Although people say that it wont be pay to win, You could still sell NX to others so that they may buy NX items.

10. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I don't see an issue with selling NX so long as its not Nexon given out the Mesos therefore ruining the economy. If the player has to go farm the mesos themselves then I can see it being fine. To be honest TONS of people sell NX and many buy from RMT sites so I don't see why Nexon shouldn't add a NX selling function. Maybe similiar to MTS I don't know.

11. Psychopathic

City Guard
    Founder

I think MS2 will see the decline of population in MS1 but I doubt it will die out in the near future.

@[member='Flya'] Hopefully Nexon will see what happened in MS1 and decide to implement a system that will prevent it in MS2 (Meso to NX trading for example)