MapleStory2 Announcement: Economy

Discussion in 'MapleStory 2 News' started by ChannelOnion, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

http://maplestory2.nexon.com/#243

Today we would like to discuss with you our worries about the game's economy and potential countermeasures: Changes to trading system and cash shop

1. Trading

What?

• The way items and mesos are traded is now changed
    How?
    • You are now unable to drop items that are above a certain grade, unable to drop mesos, and unable to trade directly with another player
    • You are now unable to attach items or mesos in mails
    • All items can be traded in Black Market (Auction House)
    Why?
    If we are able to streamline every activity that affects the game's economy to one source, we should be quicker in finding out any sort of exploits, bugs, and issues. Ultimately we can:
    • Combat against botters and meso farmers
    • In the case of losing items from being hacked or due to a bug, we are able to better assist you in getting your items back
    • These changes to trading will be applied in the Final CBT
    2. Cash Shop

What?

• We will be opening up a Cash Shop to test Cash items for free in the Final CBT
    How?
    • No, you will not be using real NX Cash
    • All items on Cash Shop will be available for free in the Final CBT
    Why?
    • We need to test out the Cash Items before release
    • We feel that Cash Items may have severe negative impact on the game's economy if these items are not tested firsthand by the players
    We saw that many of you in the community were worried about how the Cash Shop will affect the game. We feel your concern and we are giving ourselves a lot of time to think about this issue.

Although it is tough to explain the changes in one post, we thought it was most important that the community knows about these changes and understands our motive behind it before going into the Final CBT.

Keep in mind that even throughout the Final CBT that we will constantly monitor the changes we've made and may try different approaches as needed.

We will be back with another announcement next week, "Trolling, Velma's Judgment"

Translation by ChannelOnion

Feel free to comment and discuss the recent changes down below!

Tempest, Theft, Haki and 5 others like this.
  2. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    inb4 Miracle cubes

3. Tentar

professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Shoutbox
    Level:
    Job:
    >We feel that Cash Items may have severe negative impact on the game's economy if these items are not tested firsthand by the players
    I suppose this means they wont fuck the game over with p2w in the same way again.

4. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    Only Time will tell my friend.

5. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

I'm a little unhappy with being unable to directly help a guildmate or a friend gear up by sending him some items :/
    But then again, it's only fair that one player with OP friends shouldn't be able to grab endgame gear the moment they hit max level.

6. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    Well think of it this way, less scams? Also theres a method of trading which is through black market (auction) And you can list an item cheap and have a friend buy it fast though its not very efficient.

#6 오라클, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  7. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

Less scams for sure! I fear that people will do this (list items for cheap so their friends can grab it) and come to Nexon with complaints after losing it to people lurking on the black market.
    I personally think it's just better to force people to earn their gear by making items of certain grade and above untradeable (last 2 tiers maybe).

8. Shomayi

City Guard

So this "black market" would be like the Grand Exchange in runescape? I think that's a good approach to create a stable economy.

9. Beast

City Guard

Level:
    Looks like CB is out of the game lol, I do remember using the Auction house so friends or guild members can get items for cheap using NX.
    ~ The memories when you go to channel 18 room 21 drop so many items for ur mule and hope no one goes to that room in that dead channel and get ur OP gear by any chance LOL

10. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    Its a giant auction house

11. Shomayi

City Guard

So you offer up items for a set price and other players will be able to buy them. Or is this a legit auction house where players will be able to bid against eachother?

12. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    It will most likely consist of bids IF you choose to have bids or sell for a straight price. Most games do that though it may differ to straight up or bids and straight up

13. Shomayi

City Guard

I see thank you for clearing it up ^^

오라클 likes this.
  14. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
  15. Phuuz

★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    Phuuz
    Job:
    Can this mean that some legendary gear will actually be fully BoP? (Bind on pickup)

Have they actually said anything about NX gifting? Overall nice changes, MS2 really needed a proper AH. Is there a certain % tax when you sell something on the Black Market?

:x

16. Whyte

Bishop of Oryx
    Wiki Editor

Envoy

IGN:
    WhyteMS
    Level:
    Job:
    Oh but...I like trading?

I feel like this takes away QoL in the long run, but I'm definitely in favor of mitigating the prominence of bots/scammers/etc.

I feel like a level/time/MS1-esque-fame requirement limiting trading would be more appetizing to me than a hard cap.

17. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

Full BoP or BoEquip would be a nice way to block items from being recycled and people not clearing content to gain items. There wasn't anything on NX Gifting. Since Black Market is the only way to trade, I wouldn't think it'd be fair to propose a tax on trades. Gold sinks, however, are needed to stabilize the economy, so I don't mind getting taxed on my purchases or profit.

18. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    I can understand their reasoning for no direct trading between characters, but I don't like the idea.

Whyte likes this.
  19. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    It's gonna suck if you and a friend are leveling up together and you pick up some gear for their specified class but you can't trade it to them.
    Also, I wonder what the NX shop would even sell. If we can make out own unique looks through UGC then what would you spend your money on in the cash shop? (Please not cubes)

20. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

I think that Nexon will make us buy a template with NX to apply UGC - other than that, I sure hope it's nothing that affects your combat stats.