Merging class pages and skill pages

Discussion in 'Wiki Additions' started by Zelkova, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Do you think we should merge class pages and skill pages together?

Currently I had considered making individual pages for both but I wanted to see if anyone had any input.

@Mino what do you think?

2. Locke

City Guard
    Wiki Editor

I generally prefer breaking each subject into its own page - that is, a separate page for each individual skill. They can be summarized on the corresponding class page. If I find some time, I can work on some data and decorator templates so there's only one place to update info but it can be displayed in different ways on different pages.

However, I don't think a single page listing all skills is necessary. The listings should definitely go on the class pages. Maybe the Skills page could just describe the skills system - active/passive/action, ranking up, etc.

Zelkova likes this.
  3. Mino

City Guard
    Ambassador

IGN:
    Mino
    Job:
    Pretty much this.

4. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Sounds good to me. @Locke as you can tell I'm still pretty new to Mediawiki so I'm still trying to get my bearings. Any help with templates or whatnot would be great.

I uploaded the webm & mp4 videos of skills. You can embed them by using this code

<HTML5video width="520" height="320" autoplay="false" loop="true">skillname</HTML5video>

The skill names don't have spaces and are lowercase. I just used the names that were actually on the ripped video files

Ex: "Bow Attack" -> bowattack

5. Locke

City Guard
    Wiki Editor

Simplified to {{Video|skillname|loop=true}}
    Though it appears that loop isn't working (even with that original tag) - at least for me, on chrome

6. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    It's not working for me either.
    I believe it WAS working when we had autoplay true on. Either way we can probably take it out of the equation if its just not functioning at all.