1. Please remember that this forum is for MapleStory 1 Q&A. If you need MapleStory 2 help please post there instead.

My story begins

Discussion in 'Q & A' started by Nic, May 22, 2014.

1. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

¡Hello everyone!
    I'm happy to say this, I'm playing this game again and I will enjoy it ^^.
    I want to ask you for some help, I really like to find out the information I need with google, but I want to know your thoughts and experience be cause I appreciate it more.
    I will play with a Demon Class (Avenger), really liked it around the mechanics and the story.
    I have an objective: I want to collects medals, I always liked them when the where implemented, I don't pursue to be 250 nor have high att and beat up bosses in a blink of an eye.
    So... where are the questions? here:
    1. Along the Avenger, I decided to make a Cannonner and a Kaiser, i think both do a good synergy to the Avenger. Any suggestions or changes?
    2. About professions, It's a good choice to follow the path of Alchemist?, I think the pots will pay of a lot.
    3. Monsters Cards, I don't know anything about them... could you link me to something?
    4. Monster Farm, It's reeeeeeeeeeeally cute (I used it, and now its like a desert town) but It does anything good?
    And lastly, If you have something (an advice, some site of sorts) you can write it, I will be really grateful to know a bit more of this game.

Hope to see you in Bera!

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Well lets start answering.

The Demon Avenger class is pretty cool because it uses HP as its main stat. I believe that if you made a Mercedes you would benefit greatly because of the bonus experience you can give to your other characters. Kaiser is a good choice and so is Cannoneer.

A recent patch reworked the professions and I believe you can be every profession now. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Monster Cards are an imported function from JMS. The cards themselves used to only go into our monster book but now you can use the cards as familiars. Certain familiars are useful while others aren't. Giant Spider familiars in Edelstein give 1.3x bonus drop rate.

Monster Farms are useful for small bonuses, like bonus HP or MP, but outside of that I don't think there are many bonuses to be had. If you like it, just play for fun!

2 people like this.
  3. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    You can have only 3 of the professions and for some of the professions you must have either Mining or Herbalism. So if you were going to go and become an Alchemist you must have Herbalism first in order to do so.

For accessory crafting and smithing, you must already have the mining profession.

2 people like this.
  4. Kao

Kao

Founder

1.) Yes, they do make good link skills. Beast Tamer also works too, giving A little %HP. And don't forget Kanna, also giving % damage, like Demon Avenger.
    2.) (see below these answers)
    3.) I suggest making a Dark Knight for the next character slot you get. The card and set will help your Demon Avenger. By Card, I mean character card. If you don't already know them, you get cards for each of your characters over 30. They're separated into ranks: B (level 30), A (60), S (100), and SS (200+). Each card gives a bonus, and each rank gives a better bonus than before. Ex: Dark Knight gives %HP. iirc, at B rank, it gives 2%, A 4%, S 6%, and SS 8%. Also, if you put certain cards together, you get deck bonuses. I suggest putting your DA, KAiser, and DrK cards together to get the Warrior bonus, which adds (I think) %damage based on your HP amount.
    4.) Monster Life gives...minor bonuses. IT's best to do it for fun, but if you manage to somehow get lots of Waru, you can talk to Clara and Jimmy-Jack in towns to exchange your Waru for coins, and coins for various different items, like healing items, Eye of Fires, and scrolls.

2.) As for these two, you can have both harvesting professions (Herbalism/Mining), but only one crafting profession (Acc Crafting/Smith/Alchemist). Even if you want to save money on potions, don't go for alchemist really. As tempting as it is, you get free potions (Reindeer Milk/Melting Cheese which heal DAs 15k and 12k hp respectively) from opening boxes from events. Hell, you can even use Honsters from NLC (60% HP regain) instead of hand crafted. If you plan on funding yourself and getting Legendary/Unique tiered items and stuff, go Smith. You will eventually be able to make cubes to cube your things. Otherwise, go with acc crafting or so to maybe craft items with potential? Maybe? Your choice really.

2 people like this.
  5. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

@[member='Zelkova'] and @[member='Flya']: Thanks for the info. I thought about the Mercedes's link skill, it's really useful but then I realize the Cannonner boost is better in my situation (having only 3 character slots).
    About the monster cards, I will be researching a little bit (I saw some being OP, the Giant Spider is an example).
    @[member='Kao']: Thanks to you I decided to be a Blacksmith, in will help a lot to be able to make equipment (be cause I don't have any good sum of mesos).
    I completely forgot about the character cards, I hope to have more character slots to make a good combo :smile:
    For now I solved my questions, thanks to everyone!

6. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Hello again, I come across this thread again to ask if someone has a guild in Bera... I'm a little bit lonely :doodle: ...

7. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    You can join mine. I am on and off every couple days (nobody is in it but me and Jen ;~;) Guild name is Moonfall.

8. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Okay, I sent a request