Nexon is a dick

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sue, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    They changed my IGN without even notifying me about it.

[​IMG]

2. Josh

City Guard
    Founder

LOL
    very similar to my friend Cory, his character's name was "DrFap" and it was changed to "Riseny"
    But it's definitely not news that Nexon is full of hateful people, because the two times a friend of mine played the game ended up like this:

"then there was the time i bought a 2x exp coupon and the server crashed and rolledback to like 1 minute after i had bought it. since the 2x exp coupons work on the current time and not how long you have it for, it had expired and nexon told me to quit when i made a ticket about it.
    i made a ticket, i was pretty mad i asked for a refund and they said nope, i made another ticket saying "i'm not buying nx anymore" and they legit replied with
    "non nx buyers are not viewed as valued players"
    aka quit the game"

"i once got banned on gMS cause there was a GM event going on, the ones where they spawn mobs for no reason, they were doing it in henesys market and i use assaulter, and ended up ontop of that sign that is "impossible to get ontop of"
    and i got perma banned for hacking :V
    and when i made a ticket they just said "if you get banned by a GM, you may not send a ticket"

3. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    They used to at least give Name Change coupons back in the day when they did that. I guess they just automatically do it now.

4. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    • GM Amphigia:Thank you for contacting Nexon Chat, How may I help you?
    • Sue:Hello, I wasn't sure what category to choose so hopefully I got it right. After today's server check I noticed that my Beast Tamer's IGN was changed (Bera), without any notification or anything. I know the original IGN was inappropriate but I also know that every else who gets their IGN changed, at least gets to choose.
    • Sue:What I'd like to know is, can my IGN be changed to something I personally chose rather than something that was randomly assigned?
    • GM Amphigia:you would have to submit a ticket for a name change
    • Sue:And how long would that normally take?
    • GM Amphigia:i do not know
    • Sue:Is it certain that it can be changed though?
    • GM Amphigia:i am not sure you that is not my department
    • Sue:Which department would I have to talk to in order to get answers?
    • GM Amphigia:you will have to submit a ticket
    • Sue:Alright then, thank you for your time.

It's like only illiterate idiots work for Nexon.

5. Polyrux

▌│█║▌║ ▌║ ▌│█║
    Founder

Libre Guild

I changed it to be more accurate.

4 people like this.
  6. Inspia

City Guard
    Founder

this

7. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    sorry but LMFAO. although i have seen IGNs worse then yours. GG nexon

8. kiryuin

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    i pronounced it and it kind of sounds like "trashy".

i'd sue nexon for naming my character trashy.

9. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    I am so done with Nexon's customer support.

The ticket:
    I went into the cash shop to buy several NX items. I had bought the following items Transparent Shield, Transparent Shoes and Red Spotted Shorts. I left the Cash Shop and shortly after I re-entered it. I went back into the Cash Shop to buy the item Twinkling Eyes. Once I purchased the Twinkling Eyes item, it suddenly randomly bought the three items I mentioned earlier all over again. They just suddenly appeared in my Cash Shop inventory and the NX was deducted from my account.

I'd like these items to be removed from my account and I want the 7,900 NX that it cost me to be refunded. They are located on the character Goates in Scania.

I have included a screenshot of the items as proof that they did indeed come into my account twice and have pretty much the same expiry date.

The response:
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you have lost these items on your character. I can understand how discouraging this may be, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

After reviewing your account, I am sorry to inform you that I was unable to verify the loss of your items. However, as compensation for this issue, I have decided to grant you 8,000 MaplePoints.

The ticket:
    A while back I received a permanent sparkly rainbow mount from the kaleidoscope event. I had used it on my character and enjoyed it fully.

Last week I left for a vacation and I still had the mount. I remember specifically that there was no expiration date listed on the mount like other mounts I had. When I came back from my vacation the other day, the mount was gone.

Considering there was no expiration date, I'd like to know what happened to this mount. I really liked it and I don't feel like trying to get another one if it might disappear on me again.

If possible, I'd like to get this mount back if it was indeed an error. I thank you for your time and consideration.

The response:
    I apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket.

Most issues can be fixed by deleting and re-downloading the game. If this does not fix your issue, please email xxx with a detailed description of the issue, and we will assist you as best we can.

10. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
  11. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Oh jeez. Why can't Nexon just make it a requirement for the ticket monkeys to actually play the game up to level 100? Then they might have some insight for when people have trouble.

12. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    At this point I'm willing to answer their tickets for free.

13. Kuroshi

Level:
    My account got perma banned for no reason when I was afk in the fm ch 1. I sent them and ticket and a few days later they sent me an email saying they were sending it to another department for further action. Still waiting... I hate Nexon

14. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    great. now bots are reviving old threads?

15. Mazz

Founder

very old thread but:
    I can understand complaining about your ticket getting a useless reply, but if you gave your character a name that broke the ToS then you have no reason to complain about it being changed. They've been doing that for years.

16. Sue

Sue

Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    My point was that users normally get notified and granted the ability to change their IGN to something of their liking. This wasn't the case with me even though I've had an IGN a whole lot less horrific than the ones I've seen get the previously mentioned privileges.

I know I was at risk with that IGN. That however does not take away Nexon's incompetence in this situation. This being their horrendous way of responding to tickets and not giving people equal treatment.

17. Mazz

Founder

They don't though. All of the people that I've known to have had IGN changes were not notified and just had it change during a server maintenance, in fact, of all the IGN changes I've heard of, no one was notified beforehand, nor were they asked to specify a new name themselves.

18. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I had heard of some people getting free character name change coupons or something similar YEARS back.

19. Cerixthegray

I'm willing to share a short story, I had an old account on MS that I've had for years, and well one day they required a password change or I forgot the password. So In my idiocy I clicked on reset password and well I then realized that the old E-mail that was attached to said account was no longer in existance. So I submitted a ticket or whatever and well they told me that I needed to fax them an ID and shit in order for them to change my e-mail back. Thing is I am 100% sure they don't know who I look like nor do they even know if they know their other customers looks either so I am at this point kind of questioning the validness of this thing. But I do it anyways, thankfully my Printer also works as a fax machine. However, I spent all night that day trying to fax them and they wouldn't accept it or someshit. So I gave up and Made a New account. I just question why does having to change an e-mail that no longer exists have to be a long complicated process that won't work if they don't accept the fax and shit?

20. LeoNine

City Guard

Level:
    Well I have had a problem with this as well I named my character Bosstater and they switched it to Shukafu. Im fine with this as this is a cooler name. Also when I bought a all star hair style coupon and a All star face coupon it gave me 5 All star hair coupons and a Human card for Mabinogi.