Next Level Strats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ignewton, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Ignewton

Level:
    What do you guys think Maplestory2 will be like in regards of strategy in leveling, bossing, quests? More of a party and team based game?
    As we all can see, sadly Maplestory 1 was pretty much play to win... And if funded, you can solo absolutely everything. No help needed.
    But what if bosses needed combined attacks, or certain skills of a multitude of people to be effected? Or like old ludicrous quests where you NEEDED a magician with teleport to get onto certain platform. As I've heard the sequel won't be pay2win but do you guys want the element of being so strong you don't need anyone else? Sorry for poor phrasing

2. MisusingTV

Founder

Level:
    I would actually love to rely on the help of others to get through content. I hope they make it something similar to like World of Warcraft, where you have tanks, healers and dps trying to accomplish the same goal and clear content together.

3. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Like @[member='MisusingTV'] I am hoping that MapleStory 2 requires that classes actually perform their roles. Tanks need to tank, healers need ot heal, DPS need to DPS. Right now MS1 is EVERYONE GO DPS WOO! EVERYONE GETS HEALS AUTOMATICALLY (drain etc)!

4. Ignewton

Level:
    @[member='Zelkova'] I see your point that ms1 is entirely dps, which sadly I think is disappointing but needed in a way.... I kind of view it as it was a side scrollers problem. What I mean by that is when a monster in Maplestory 1 attack with a sp. Attack, There is no "specializing" a target, everyone is vulnerable if they are in the boss room no matter what thus leading to some people needing their own way of surviving.. Cause if clerics were the ones that could heal, I don't think they could keep up with monster damage... Though I don't think that means giving everyone a revive... (ie. new NW and BW) , in Maplestory 2, I'm hoping that as it's gonna be a somewhat flat 3D world, having a front line of tanks is actually GOING to matter, stop monster pathing, unless the bosses in the game have insane AoE. This leadin me to believe the 3D aspect will actually perhaps give people assigned roles and whatnot... Unless it's a 3D side scroller like Elsword ;~; ... Please no...
    Sorry for bad phrasing again, had trouble making my point...

5. ThatWasMyKil

The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    ThatWasMyKil
    Level:
    Job:
    Quests that give good exp rewards, I'm too old to grind leave that to @[member='Sean'] #spin4days

6. Harms

City Guard
    Founder

Yea ahahah usually quests give like nothing. Therefore people don't find the incentive to do them. However I hope there's stuff like party quests and more party play and teamwork. Rather than 1337 hax0r solo whole game aahaha. Also @[member='Ignewton'], from what we know so far it shouldn't be a side scroller.

Also the 3d aspect is going to add a lot more to the mix. There's only so much you can do with a 2d sidescroller.

7. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    Really am hoping that it will be impossible to solo bosses in ms2. 40 man raids would be so fun. Also hopefully they make questing a viable way to level again instead of all this grinding business

2 people like this.
  8. Sean

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    i will find a way to spin for days in maplestory2 :D @[member='ThatWasMyKil']

9. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    NO SEAN! THERE WILL BE NO SPINNING AND NO WINNING IN MS2!

10. Sean

City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    DW CHIEF KEITH I WILL FIND A WAY