Old MapleStory = MapleStory 2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HollowQc, Jan 20, 2015.

1. HollowQc

City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    I Was Thinking About This Recently...
    Since Im Not The Only One Who Miss The Old Old Old Maple...Not Pre BigBang That Not Far Enough -_-
    Im Hoping So Far That MS2 Is Similar Or Even Better Than The Old Maple.
    Why ?
    Well The Actual Maple Is ....Fine But Not Good Like It Used To Be.
    The Community Has Changed Way Too Much.
    MS Is Mostly Solo And Pay2Win...
    I Miss The Time That We Had To Be In Party Of 4-6 For PQ And It Was Taking around 30-40Mins For A Single PQ.
    When We Had To Travel With The Boat And Train(Ludi).
    You Actually Needed Almost 30-40 Min To Travel From Ellinia To Ludi.
    Seeing A Level 100 Was Pro !!
    Making Level 10 Was Pain In The Ass...Not Just Skipping Tutorial !!
    Now Everything Is FASTER. Traveling Faster , Leveling Faster, PQing Faster Even Being Godly Is Faster.
    Doing 50M Dmg Is Stupid lmao...When 5K-10K Was ALOT. Now Even A Noob Can Do 10k Withtout Good Gear.
    I Dont Like Complaning On A Game That I Used To LOVE.Cause I Still Like It But ...Meh
    Maple Is Still Maple But In A Very Different Way.
    So I Hope The GamePlay Of MS2 Will Be Similar To The Old MS That We All Used To Know With 4-5 Basic Job.
    Sorry For My Poor English Im French Canadian :)

What You Think About The Actual Maple ?

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I think many of us miss when the game was less about soloing and more about partying. I feel that MS2 is going to be a different game and probably wont be comparable 1 to 1 to MS1. Some features will be similar, the towns, the mobs, but not everything.

I just hope the game doesn't turn into a cash cow like MS1 did.

2 people like this.
  3. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

I personally think it's just a business model of how a game and its community changes over time.
    Nexon did come out and say it won't be P2W for MS2 and it was the same when MS first launched, where cash shops only had cosmetic items.
    As new games come out, population obviously declines and the company has to milk out as much cash as they can by offering P2W items.

Coming from Nexon, I don't expect anything different for MS2 in the future - but of course, it will take some time before they start offering P2W items.

4. Beast

City Guard

Level:
    I felt like a Robot reading ur post, but I know how u feel =]

5. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    Is there a TL;DR version of this? I can't stand to look at all the uppercase letters...

6. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    tl;dr: MS1 is too much of a solo game and p2w, pq's are no longer fun, high level means nothing and dmg numbers are crazy high, traveling is way too fast and easy. Hoping MS2 isn't this way.

7. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    I miss the old PQ times (mostly Kerning PQ, Ludi PQ and Ludi Maze PQ) those were the times when you were forced to play with other people. Now its more of an option. You see loads of people training solo with a kanna which is them and maybe a HSer aswell. I want to see the game where you are forced to play with others and have solo as an option but the reward isn't as great.

I really hope ms2 will have greater party quests and more rewards for parties. You can't create a community with lots of solo players.

8. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    Maplestory 1 just became who can solo this and that the fastest and reaching max damage and a grindfest. I gradually lost interest and I'm really looking forward to MS2.

Here's hoping Maplestory 2 doesn't relive the same trauma.

9. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    Well, Maple was ALWAYS a grindfest, but it's just a different kind of grindfest now.

Personally, I don't see Maple 2 being anything like Maple 1. They look "similar" at best and they use the same lore, but they are VERY different games. I may even go to say that MS2 isn't even an RPG at all. Sure you have characters, skills and classes, but they seem to be in the background. The main focus of the game seems to be the customization and how you effect and change the world. That alone makes it more comparable to Harvest Moon or Minecraft.

Regardless, taking down a boss with a bunch of people seems really fun. Last night during Onion's stream, he went to the bathroom and a boss spawned and killed him. Another person ran up and whacked his tomb stone a few times and he was back in the fight before he even got back to his computer. That alone made me REALLY excited for ms2.

10. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    I couldn't stop laughing when I saw a tombstone appear out of no where when Onion was walking. Only to find it that the player fell out of the map.

On topic though, you're right, Maplestory was always a grindfest, and like you say it appears like Maplestory II will revolve more around customization than storyline. But I do want a very engaging story like Maplestory I was.