So you want be a Ms2 Designer? Interview with Poet

Discussion in 'CBT Discussion' started by Island, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Island

Did they buff HG yet? (╯°□°)--︻╦╤─
    Jr Moderator

IGN:
    Island
    Level:
    Job:
    Hello everyone! It's Island again!

As MapleStory 2 news started to die down since the close of CBT,
    I just wanted to give you something to read and entertain yourself while you eagerly wait for the day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Background-

If you don't know who POET is, I suggest you look up MAVIEW on KMS2 Official Webpage.
    If you are able to navigate yourself through all the Korean mumbo-jumbo and end up on Designer Market Rankings you will see his character in shining glory.

POET
    Sales count: 2109 (Rank #1)
    Sales Net Income: 7,881,000 Mesos. (Rank #1)

5 days of closed beta testing.
    SEVEN MILLION, EIGHT HUNDRED, EIGHTY-ONE THOUSAND MESOS.

So you want to be a MS2 Designer?

Here is the full interview with POET provided by a major KMS2 Designer guild MSG.
    (roughly translated as "Tasty Sausages"and KKADDE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    [HOT SAUSAGE #1 CBT Legend! Covering Poet!]

KKADDA /
    I am proud to speak with the CBT Legend Poet. #1 in sales count and sales income. He was even the first person to purchased the most expensive housing plot !

Poet /
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL most income and most spent...

Q. Before we begin, I just want to ask, what made you approach MapleStory 2?

Poet /
    I wanted to play even during the Alpha Testing, but I didn't get selected as one of the testers. I was let down but one of my supporting acquaintance luckily provided me with a CBT code so I could play it.

KKADDA /
    Wow! You had a supporter! Is there anything you would like to say about that?

Poet /
    I am extremely happy about it. lol I texted him before about it, but yea I am extremely happy and definitely feel thankful.

Q. Poets most successful item, Adidas Jersey! We want to know how you came up with the idea and the course behind it!

Poet /
    Honestly, the first time I realized you were able to design a Jersey in-game, the first thing that came to my mind was the Adidas Jersey.
    Realistically speaking, if I want to make a profitable income I would have to create something that is high quality and something that approaches to the masses.
    Personally when I thought of a Jersey, the first thing that came to mind of was the Adidas Jersey, so I made it right away.

KKADDA /
    And that's how your legendary story began! great marketing.
    What else were you able to create?

Poet /
    Guess T-Shirt or Guess Hoodie? New Balance Hooded T-Shirt, and Bratson Beanie that I really put a lot of effort into. lol that one has really good quality.

KKADDA /
    Of course! I saw that one too. I could tell you put your sweat and tears into that design!

Poet /
    lololol thank you.

Q. Could you give any tips for people who are trying to become a rich designer?

Poet /
    I believe that if you want to create something that sells well you have to take into consideration what kind of design they are into.
    You really need to think about what everyone loves to wear and debate on it.
    Of course there are players who only look for quality too,
    but there are many others who are looking for something different.
    I think finding that "something different" is the key.

If you want to be number 1 and be successful, I really believe that you need to design something that will reach out to everyone.

KKADDA /
    Thank you for your kind advice.
    Before we conclude our interview, I just want to ask several random questions!

RQ 1. Do you have a girlfriend?

Poet /
    nauhhhh bruhhh LOL

RQ 2. The next person for our Hot Sausage coverage should be?

Poet /
    Gilma, GILMA WINKGASP**
    (most likely referring to the GuildMaster KnoxGS3)

RQ 3. There are quite the number of female cafe members. What are your thoughts on being one of the few male members in our cafe?

Poet /
    I love it.
    Too many guys are dull... LOL (jk)

RQ 4. What was the first thing that crossed your mind when you saw MSG guild name?

Poet /
    Mat So Gum (Monosodium glutamate/MSG)... I think.
    I used to play an FPS game before and there was a gun called MSG.
    Everyone used to call it MatSoGumMatSoGum, so everytime I see MSG that's the first thing I think about. LOL

KKADDA /
    Alrighty, thanks for your awesome answers!

This concludes our interview with MS2 CBT Designer, marketing legend, Poet!
    Next time we will interview GilmaGilma-nim. Please look forward to it!

Of course... we might not!

Thank you for reading through my terrible writing skills. I would like to give a warm thank you to Poet for spending his time with the interview!

There you have it folks.
    I do pose few questions after reading the interview.

Copyright issues? Brand logos? Trademarking?

Who knows. But for now, why don't we get ready to make Adidas Jerseys and high quality beanies?
    Who's with me?

Not much of a Guess fan tho.

Let me know what you think! leave comments below!

Island

[​IMG]

#1 Island, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    From my understanding, if you're good at designing you're pretty much set on money. Good ideas means good income. Good quality means good income. I wonder if there will be other marketing/trade opportunities for those who aren't quite design oriented. And I wonder how long designing will last before all ideas are used to death. I'm thinking when the game is first released we'll see a big boom in productivity, but it will later just turn into recycled ideas. So basically first people to jump on popular ideas win.

3. Island

Did they buff HG yet? (╯°□°)--︻╦╤─
    Jr Moderator

IGN:
    Island
    Level:
    Job:
    Very valid point.

From my own understand and personal opinion, depending on the number of designers, the prices are going to deflate as more time passes by. I believe one other major reason why the top designers in KMS2 were so successful was because they had very limited players accessing the CBT and somewhat had a monopoly together with the low numbers of designers.

As recycling is concerned from your post, I also believe its inevitable.
    However, there probably will be those few who will find something new and be successful in that sense.

For profiting, I really do believe that the prices for designs it will deflate, and other means of creating income will be more popular
    But... we will have to wait and see, I cannot predict the future xD

Sleepy Saif likes this.
  4. Sleepy Saif

IGN:
    SleepySaif
    Haha Poet sounds like a really cool guy to meet :). Agreeing with your point sir island, as-well fighting our gold-farmers would be much of a hassle