What if MS2 was just sidescrolling?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vinje, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Vinje

City Guard

Would you still be hyped for the game, would still try it out if it was just a 3D Sidescroller?
    To be honest I wouldn't be, I feel it would detract from so much that the game has already shown us and be to similar to the original maplestory.
    I've seen some people say that the game should of been another 2D sidescroller which makes me question their mentality of thinking of such a thing.

2. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I wouldn't mind if it was a 3d sidescroller actually.

3. KremeChoco

City Guard

A big nooooopee.
    A big noooooooope.
    I've played enough 3D sidescrolling games whether it's dungeon based (Dragon Saga) or fast paced action (Elsword), they just don't maintain my attention long enough. I'm glad they settled for quarter view. At first I thought it was meh but after seeing the videos, I'm impressed with how much they utilized it.

4. Harms

City Guard
    Founder

I would still play it; however, I'm glad they went with quarter view. I also agree that if it was side scrolling it would be to similar to MS1.

5. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    I would not be as hyped. I've been waiting for a full 3d mmo that I would feel familiar with, something not hardcore with in-depth graphics but something simple, fun, and with a more casual style. Basically I feel like I've been waiting for MS2 for over a year before we knew anything about it.

6. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I agree with @[member='KremeChoco'] , I played TheSpada (Elsword) and Grand Chase and... it's meh.

7. Vinje

City Guard

I don't mind 3D Sidescrollers but again like I said Maplestory 2 definitely wouldn't be like what we see now, and I really prefer this direction they are taking with the game oppose to it being a sidescroller.

8. Goowrath

It would be disappointing, but i would still probably play it regardless just to see how it is.