Which pace would you rather have for MS2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jampysos, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Jampysos

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Pre-BB or Post-BB pace.

By pace I mean leveling speed, and overall game speed (transportation/navigation etc).

2. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    While I think it's going to be somewhat irrelevant, because it seems like MS2 is going to be more quest-based than grinding based, I really don't want Pre-Big Bang OR Post-Big Bang. I would like some compromise. Level too fast makes the game difficult because the pacing is off, and leveling too slow can drive players away who don't want to spend hours upon hours grinding to earn EXP.

I also like the idea of being able to casually level over time. I feel that's fairly decent right now in MS1. On my Bera main (which is a Level 170ish Dual Blade), just doing daily Commerci runs and other generic dailies (minus bosses) gets me a Level Up every couple days. Even my 202 Paladin gets a level every 2 weeks or so, just doing daily stuff.

As for transportation, while the nostalgia of the boats of yore were a fun way to just hang out with other players, they were also very time consuming. When it was just Orbis and Victoria Island it was fine. But as they continued to add places, it became INCREDIBLY time consuming. I think there needs to be some balance. I'm okay with boats transporting you, but they need to be shorter (5-7 minutes as opposed to 10-15 minutes), there needs to be less of a "wait" time. You should be able to hop on the boat whenever you get there, not wait for it to "arrive", and there should be boats that go from each area, to each other area. No riding 15 minutes from Victoria to Orbis, just to hop on another 10 minute boat to Ludibrium. If I'm in Victoria Island, I should be able to take a boat directly to Ludi. (I'm using MS1 names here as examples, of course.)

tl;dr: A sped up Pre-Big Bang or a slowed down Post-Big Bang.

3. Harms

City Guard
    Founder

I want it int he middle. Not too hard but not too easy. Same goes for transportation. Right after post BB was alright, then it got easier and easier. In the end its all about balance like how @AtomicAdam says.

I don't want to make a new thread so im going to go a little off topic. G-Star 2014 is tomorrow and MS2 is in the Nexon Booth. How come there's no one talking about it or hyping over it :p. I think the hype for MS2 kinda dyed off after the Alpha Testing, well for us North American's anyways. Hopefully they tell us the CBT date in their G-Star presentation.

4. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    I also would like something in the middle, with the convenience of post-bb but with leveling and game progression more towards pre-bb. Balance of progression is what will make or break this game, in my opinion, it needs to be fast enough that people do not get bored and abandon the game early but also not as fast as MS1 where people basically speed run every new character.

5. Jampysos

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

There are very few popular games like this right now. I can assure this is very much mainly a maplestory thing because Nexon have done away with the experience curve to make the game easier for "newcomers". As a new Scania player, in 2 weeks I have taken 2 chars to 100+ and 1 char to 3rd job...

Edit: It took me an entire summer back in <08 to get my warrior/fighter to lvl 50. Monsters should not be the only opposition that people meet.

I think that was a good part of the game, it helped slow down the pacing, gave people time to talk or even AFK instead of the current grindfest ms1 is... It obviously was pretty effective since it has had a lasting impression on us. The only compromise I can think of would be a system where there are timed train/ship schedules (like MS1), however if a certain # of people board the ship it will take off early. In addition to this have multiple ships transport people instead of just 1, and have different channels have different schedules if need be (Miss the boat? nbd cc and wait 3 mins for the next one).

#5 Jampysos, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  6. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I want something that I can play for months/years and not really reach the end of. Something I can throw all my time at for like 3 months straight and not be at the end of.

Also something that I don't throw like 100 dollars at and end up quitting in a month.

2 people like this.
  7. greencactuar

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I think optimal leveling speed should be
    One month to hit 70
    another month to hit around 100
    I think that sounds about right, but thats me. I agree it shouldn't be either PreBB or Post BB it should be in the middle.

8. Sergeachu

City Guard

IGN:
    Sergiechu
    Something in between sounds ideal. I don't want to reach high levels with putting little effort forth. I want levels such as 50 to be considered high level.

Regarding traveling/navigation, I don't want anything no where near what Maplestory I is doing now. You can get to places in a blink of an eye. I want adventuring to be a thing in this game. Have a purpose to travel to certain areas. Based on what I've seen, it seems mount will actually be convenient rather than just aesthetics.

#8 Sergeachu, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  9. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    Depending on what type of game MS2 will be. Just hoping it wont be end game. I really did enjoy leveling characters 1-50 pre big bang but that was because of PQ's and other cool quests. As long as it isnt a grind fest or where it takes hours upon hours to level it doesn't matter that much to me.