Why Tria is unique to you?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by Nic, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Nic

Nic

Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

It's a question that popped out of my mind today.
    I know this could count as "bashing" this forum, but to be quite honest, there are a lot of Maple Story communities and sites, so, what makes this unique?.
    To me, I came be cause of Zelkova, already saw his videos and I like his works and dedication and Maple Story 2 is a great game to me to chill around and I decided to share with him.

2. Wolf

Help Bot

Lionheart Guild

IGN:
    스타Wolf
    Level:
    Job:
    I was looking to come back into KMS but when I landed here the site looked interesting so I decided to join and now my hype for Ms2 is to high

Nic likes this.
  3. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    I came here because I saw the dedication that users here put out versus other sites. Now im not dissing any other fan sites because there are good ones but I prefer Tria because its very active and the people here are fun to hang out with! I've been with leafre for 4 years now and while I still stay active on there this is where I am most of my time (:

Nic and Wolf like this.
  4. ChannelOnion

City Guard
    Ambassador

When I was selected as a CBT tester and wanted to stream it, I started looking for MS2 fan sites to advertise.
    Tria was one of them and it's got great, friendly, and awesome people - it's what made me stay and befriend many of you here.
    Also, the website is clean, easy to use and navigate ; ) No wonder I'm most active on Tria as compared to other fan sites! :D

5. Wolf

Help Bot

Lionheart Guild

IGN:
    스타Wolf
    Level:
    Job:
    Also an old Leafre member ;( sad on its downfall

6. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    There was a reason why I created Tria. I gave @Artasi a quick synopsis of why but heres why I created it.

I wanted a forum where there was more than just...well..forums. I wanted a community.
    When I first opened Tria there was no other MS2 dedicated forum. Basil opened a board, SP had a thread, but there was no dedicated forum.

I was already the moderator/guy who runs of /r/MapleStory and /r/MapleStory2 but Reddit isn't really community I wanted. Mods only have so much access/power and you can only do so much there. I decided from at that point that I wanted to open my own community.

I wanted a place where you could watch streams, keep up to date with content in-game, watch videos, share photos and more from the game. I wanted a place that catered to each of these needs without being constricted to just forum boards. So thats when I opened Tria.

I still have a lot of things I want to do and add to the forum. I am working on quite a few of them right now but nothing is done quite yet. One of them is a 3d model viewer. I started learning how to use three.js a couple weeks back and got some of the basics down http://imzelkova.com/modelviewer/. In the future I'd like to be able to share models from the game on the wiki.

I have plenty more ideas but for right now I'll just keep them secret :boss:

Nic and Wolf like this.
  7. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    Yeah for me it was really hard to see Leafre slowly decline as I have alot of KMS and KMST memories with alot of guild members and we used to always PQ it makes me sad thinking about it but hopefully ms2 can revive part of leafre. Tria.tv is defiantly awesome and I love it here!

8. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    What happened to Leafre? We have @KremeChoco here o.o I understood he stepped down but @_@.

9. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    So Leafre used to be full of life, when I was like 12 my friends older brother told me about KMS and then he told me he got an account from leafre. I became a member there wanting to get an account, but it wasnt only that. The community there was nice, it was alive, everyone was nice. I submitted my app and they picked me for being the most honest amongst the other applications. I prospered with Leafre for 3 years and then as the KMS patches got worse, the population started declining. Some dedicated people still stay for the MS2 talk but really it was because KMS was starting to die and so everyone grew out of it. Now im here, still on leafre everyday to post news to it but I really do enjoy my stay here! (:

Im only 16 guys (I know its pretty young, prob youngest here?)

Nic and Wolf like this.
  10. Wolf

Help Bot

Lionheart Guild

IGN:
    스타Wolf
    Level:
    Job:
    Yeah I think he didnt want to be Admin/Mod there and that he wasnt playing it as much due to lack of new content. Apparently the English community died once the new phone registration came out

11. Spadow

City Guard
    Founder

Libre Guild

IGN:
    Spadow
    Job:
    Because the site is aesthetic pleasing to my eyes, which is an important element for me to join a community. I like the design.
    The other reason is to communicate with fellow Maplers who wish to play MapleStory 2.

Although I dislike the shoutbox. :<

Nic likes this.
  12. Siggy

City Guard

IGN:
    Siggy
    Level:
    Job:
    I think the layout stands out the most out of the fansites I've seen. The people here are pretty friendly too!

오라클 likes this.
  13. 오라클

I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    오라월드
    Level:
    Job:
    The people here are really dedicated to MS2 and fans with fans equals a happy communiy

Siggy likes this.
  14. Kairos

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Ironclad

IGN:
    Kairos
    Level:
    Job:
    Because @Zelkova and his obvious hard work he puts into it and also had no interest is a BasilMarket type of community. The community here just seems very helpful, friendly, and intelligent compared to other sites

15. Select

Guard Sergeant

IGN:
    Greatening
    Level:
    I forget who's video it was, but I was browsing YouTube and they mentioned this site in it. So I decided to head over and check it out. Totally worth. And I liked how open the community was in this site. It wasn't really something you get from most sites. You talk and everyone accepts you. (I hope.)

16. Flya

Guard Sergeant
    Founder

IGN:
    Julze
    Level:
    Zelkova-chan looking for world domination confirmed?

17. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    Kappa

18. AtomicAdam

Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

IGN:
    AtomicAdam
    Level:
    Job:
    Because Tria is #1! To be perfectly honest, I could have easily joined up on any other community, I just happened to see the Tria logo one day while Keith was streaming and said to myself "Eh, alright. I'll join." Then I did.

I think the reason I kept coming here, besides the fact that I had recently gotten back into maple, is that a lot of the maple communities consists of almost exclusive trolling (seriously, go ask a question on basilmarket and see how long it takes for you to get a legitimate answer). Here, it seemed like it was just people who liked games, and wanted to have friendly discussions and the ability to share information and content. I've found that a smaller, friendlier community is infinitely better than a large community that is full of trolls.

19. Zelkova

Royal Warden
    Administrator

Ironclad

IGN:
    Shugo
    Level:
    Job:
    I would never let any website I manage devolve into nothing but trolls.

Siggy and AtomicAdam like this.
  20. WatchGintama

City Guard

Libre Guild

IGN:
    WatchGintama
    Job:
    I'll join any MS2 forum because I'm excited for the game. Tria looked nice (design) and has a livestream tab.

I was actually looking into that myself. Going to test out ninja ripper and stuff when the game launches. Or are you going to extract the files for the models?