Anime Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment Center' started by Haki, May 3, 2015.

1. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

Hey there! I realize there was a "Favorite Anime" thread, but how about a general anime thread? Discussing animes old and new, those that you like and don't like. I personally spend almost all of my free time watching, so I'd love to know if there were others that were interested (seeing that half of the user avatars are anime-based).

Let's try to set a rule of no spoiling though. I'd say major plot points and endings of the last two/three seasons should be avoided if it could potentially ruin the viewing experience of those who haven't seen the shows.

Currently, I'm watching ~15 serieses, old and new. I'm loving Shokugeki no Souma, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, and Ore Monogatari!! Sunakawa is husbando.

#1 Haki, May 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
  2. ThatWasMyKil

ThatWasMyKil The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Level:
    Job:
    This is only what like 3 episodes so far what are your thoughts? I'm looking for a new anime to watch im purposefully a season behind so i can binge watch but if its good i'll watch it when its done.

3. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

I actually think it's great! I went in with very low expectations, thinking "Okay, it's a food and ecchi crossover; probably just funny at best," but I was wrong. They're moving the story along very well, and I can't say I've gotten bored with it. Just go in with an open mind. Also, the tsundere's busty as HELL, so if that's what you need in your life, then by all means watch this show.

4. Batcat

Batcat _(:зゝ∠)_

Job:
    Souma has always been a really good manga, however not all good mangas translate into good anime. But they did really well with this adaptation and I'm looking forward to more.

5. ThatWasMyKil

Administrator

Level:
    Job:
    Wow did you read my dairy? @Jen

6. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

No idea. Anyway, what animes are you currently following, if you don't mind me asking?

7. ThatWasMyKil

Administrator

Level:
    Job:
    haha it was a bit of an inside joke for jen, but i think this youtube clip sums up my major interests in anime

8. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

Holy shit, haven't seen that in years LOL
    That's great though. There's a neat selection of those if you search hard enough. Actually, you barely have to search at all.

9. Smog

Smog Newbie

It's funny how a cooking anime is the best anime this season. Shokugeki no Souma is great, but it's nothing compared to last seasons Shigatsu Wa Kimi No Uso, which you also mentioned.

Does any of you keep track of your animes on myanimelist?

10. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

It's always been practice for me to keep track of my anime by pen and paper. Not sure why that is, but yeah.

11. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    I've been following My Teen Romcom SNAFU, and basically anything that airs on the weekend. I loved that show when it aired two years ago. Now it finally has a second season. And when I said anything that airs on the weekend, I mean the only shows I'm watching are ones that are airing on the weekend. (But it's alright cause the weekend is packed with good shows.)
    I haven't been watching anything outside of the seasonal stuff in the past few weeks but I did binge watch a lot of stuff.
    And as for other related anime topics: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood/Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are my favorite show(s).
    Kurumi from Date-a-Live is one of my favorite girls to ever come out of an anime. (I dunno why. I just find her unique.)
    I wish I lived a life like Ayumu from Is This a Zombie?
    I think stockings/thigh highs are amazing on anime girls.
    I can't seem to enjoy the mahou shoujo genre.
    I have a guilty pleasure for Love, Chunibyo, and Other Delusions!
    I watch a lot more romcoms than I should.
    I'm find with mediocrity and sub par shows as long as they're original or the animation isn't sloppy.
    I dislike SAO even though my picture has Asuna in it.
    Cory in the House is the best anime. Kappa
    (I have a lot of other things. But I hoped these would at least start some discussion on what other peoples preferences are too.)

2 people like this.
  12. Tentar

Tentar professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    Nisekoi is the best anime, Kosaki is the best waifu and romcoms are the best. That's all I got to say.

2 people like this.
  13. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    My favorite genre is slice of life romcom. I don't know, maybe cause of feels, maybe cause of all the potential waifus.

Nisekoi is life. Kosaki is life. Season 2 of Nisekoi is great, even if it's all about Chitoge (with the exception of episode 2). Kosaki's little sister though......... my heart. Her hair is bae.

14. Tentar

Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    read the manga instead u pleb

15. Orekei

Orekei City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    I've been watching Kuroko no Basket, Danmachi, Kekkai Sensen, Shokugeki no Souma, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Baby Steps, Oregairu, Baby Steps and Diamond no Ace... I also just can't watch Nisekoi until it's done.

16. Shomayi

Shomayi City Guard

I'm watching ten airing shows at the moment. I'll just link my MAL instead of posting all of them lol. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shomayi
    I'm enjoying Gintama Fate and SNAFU the most out those shows if anyone wonders ^^.

17. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/iFunDip
    I'll watch basically any genre and I have no preference on dub vs sub. Rarely watch currently airing shows, I'll wait until they finish to watch at my pace, and don't like watching more than 1 show at a time.

18. Tentar

Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    Basketball anime [​IMG]

19. Megumi

Megumi City Guard

i only watch rom com, drama, and maybe some action. currently watching yahari ore no seishun s2, shokugeki, yamada kun to no 7 nin, nisekoi s2 (team ondoera ftw or die), and dungeon ni deai.

20. Haki

Haki Tria's #1 Koreaboo

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/datgreentea
    This most definitely isn't everything, but it's what I could put together in the last 30 minutes to give you guys an idea of what I'm watching, and what I'm familiar with.