Assassin preview!

Discussion in 'CBT Discussion' started by Zelkova, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    [​IMG]

An assassin of the darkness that never loses his target once set. Assassins deceive their opponents with shadow clone skills and critically strike from afar.

Little to nothing is known about assassins. However, what is certain is that after Win Steelton (Leader of the Dark Wind) died and the world has fallen into disarray, much immoral and merciless incidents have occurred.

Recently the group known as the Dark Wind that Win Steelton led, created weapons known as the assassins, partaking in immoral behavior in the name of justice. Because of this rumor many people who deeply respected Steelton are in great shock

Thank you @[member='Scarlet'] for helping with translations!

7 people like this.
  2. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

As expected she has very sultry hips.

3. Sue

Sue Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    If all that we get is unrealistic female anatomy I'm already not interested in this game.

4. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

However their hips are not even this wide in the actual gameplay.

3 people like this.
  5. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    If all that we get is unrealistic male anatomy I'm already not interested in this game. :haha:

6. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

hmm noting about Dark Lord :O Also I don't know why people are getting so upset about they way she is portrayed. She is a chibi, there suppose to have thick legs that's how there portrayed in other games too, like Dungeon Striker for an example.

7. Alley

Alley City Guard

You're kidding, right?

8. sjxsong

sjxsong T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    OMG yes finally, I've been waiting for thiefs for so long :revenge:

9. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Neat looking stars, but all this sex appeal is honestly getting boring. The art style was interesting for the first few, but it feels like they are trying to hard. I think they are trying to capture an audience with it which isn't already playing MS1, which is why we all seem to have a negative opinion about it. And it makes sense, why shift an audience from one game to another if you can just grab a whole new audience?

10. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

Are you entailing to the artwork or the actual gameplay.

11. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    They are using the overly sexualized art work to appeal to a new audience who are not already playing MS1. I think it is too soon to judge the "game play" we have seen so far, it was ingame footage but it wasn't really gameplay.

3 people like this.
  12. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

To be honest I'm to really indifferent about art being overly sexualized, but also this is the only art piece that shows the most skin compared to the others that showed at best the thighs. All the negativity comes from really the "ingame footage" mainly due to the fact that they think it looks childish, they dislike the cube terrain, and overall the gameplay was not what they expected at all in relation to the cinematic. Oh, that and they hoped for it be like a 3D sidescroller but didn't get what they wanted.

3 people like this.
  13. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

The artwork, big hands, legs, and small torso are usually how chibis are just portrayed. and I wouldn't call it "over" sexualized, sexualized sure, but not over. Over sexualized is something like Tera and B&S. A lot of modern mmorpgs are sexualized in some sort of way, not saying its a good or bad thing.

I also do not get how peoples hopes were crushed, maybe because of the cubes but yea. They stated in the FaQ when they first announced the game that it will be a full 3D isometric game. Not a sidescollrer or third person. However the cube thing did surprise many people including me.

I personally liked it the concept, but some may hate it, oh well. Anyways @[member='Vinje'] what do you think about the gameplay footage, I want to know what you think about it :D. Lastly. it was game play footage. However, I would call actual gameplay footage when you can see the UI and everything like the actual player is playing.

4 people like this.
  14. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    It's weird when I look back at this I am reminded of the Kali class in Dragon's Nest. :toasty:

15. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

What do I think? Well personally I think it's a breath of fresh air. Just like the original maplestory it's different from other mmos.
    With the cubes as the game's terrain and the chibi style characters it doesn't look like one of your generic mmos..
    Training and bossing gets monotonous over time, so it's nice that they're adding more social aspects to the game like minigames to add variety.
    and lastly I really like how some of the environment is destructible, it's a nice touch, I just wonder how far this mechanic will go.
    But yea that's gist of my opinion, I could go more in depth but I'm to lazy to do that.

4 people like this.
  16. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

Exactly how i felt, how much cube environment isometric mmorpgs are out there? The cubes make the game feel fresh and not generic like so many other mmorpgs. It's a unique aspect of the game. I just hope they announce CBT by the end of June, grrr.

17. kiryuin

kiryuin City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    okay her ass is a little overwhelming but she is still strikes that cute fear into me that i can't explain. i literally have no idea what i'm going to main anymore.

18. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    The Marks on her head remind me of a demon slayer o.0 Not the best character design i've seen so far but lets hope that doesnt effect the actual gameplay!

19. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    Is it just me or she's not wearing any claws? I may re consider not having assassins as my 1st pick on MS2; it will mean we don't have 2 spend so much for claws so it would be less expensive to keep

20. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Based on the footage we've seen the stars work more like boomerangs, instead of claws the stars themselves might be the equip.

4 people like this.