Badges in relation to your post rank?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Inspia, Apr 12, 2014.

?

Title

1. Yes

81.8%
  2. No

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Inspia

Inspia City Guard
    Founder

Thought this would be a cool idea. For example, I'm a "Sword" rank so I can choose from a few Maplestory sword sprite badges that go below "Founder". Let's say you unlock 1 sword each 10 posts until your new rank so there are 5 swords to choose from. You'd also still be able to choose badges from lower ranks like "Shroom" (which would have shroom, mushroom, horny mushroom etc. as badges). Sue is "Squishy Liquid" rank so maybe she can have different Slime badges.

It'd be incentive for people to contribute more and collect some cool badges ^ ^

2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    By default, the most I can do for this without some plugin is replace the pips [​IMG] with a different icon depending on your rank is. These would be replaced with a new image when you reach the next rank.

3. Sue

Sue Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    I'm just worried about what happens when too much is added to the side. For now it's an alright idea, but what if in the future more needs to be added? We already got our Maplestory info there and the founder title. Gotta look out with how much we add there.

For now though, I say why not.

4. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I worry about it as well, as it is already kinda long. I might look into either removing or re-sizing some aspects of the sidebar if it gets too "full".

5. Inspia

Inspia City Guard
    Founder

Hmm... Maybe it could be right next to your post rank? Like how for the Maple servers it has the server icon right next to it.

6. greencactuar

greencactuar Guard Sergeant
    Founder

I voted yes, I'm not to knowledgeable about HTMl, but I'm assuming Zelkova is using a drag and drop website like wix or something? I don't know if they allow you to do that on forums o-o.

7. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I know HTML, CSS, PHP, and a bit of JS.

8. greencactuar

greencactuar Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Oh cool. I should learn web coding as well, but i'm so lazy.

9. ThatWasMyKil

ThatWasMyKil The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Level:
    Job:
    I'm not a fan of it due the the busyness of the info box currently, im sure there will be more user titles coming in the future.

10. Orekei

Orekei City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    Yeah, the info box looks full enough, but It would be a good idea if you can place it in a different location.

11. ThatWasMyKil

ThatWasMyKil The Battle Bishop!
    Administrator

Level:
    Job:
    Where? the only other place is on your userprofile - but i dont think you can have one with out the other.

you could put them in your signature, but by that point any one can do it so go for you life.