Clean live stream community

Discussion in 'Live Streams' started by Sirtucx, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    Hey everyone,

I figured that this place was the best place to ask this question. In light of recent events there are some streamers advertising things that are against MapleStory's TOS. I can understand that people buy and sell NX, or go to third party sites to buy mesos and do you know what if they do it that's their problem. My issue is that when you advertise that on a live stream is it considered against Twitch's TOS? I understand that private servers are also against TOS, but is there really anything we can do about it? If there is I want to know. Can we report this to twitch somehow and prevent it from happening any further?

2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Twitch probably wont do too much in regards to third party sites for mesos etc. Many streamers have affiliates or are sponsored by third party websites that offer rather..uh.. off the table or against various game TOS merchandise.

3. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    Even if Twitch was just to send a notice telling them to take the sites off that would at least get rid of the root of the problem. Are a lot of streamers from other games really doing this?

4. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    @[member='Sirtucx'] there are streamers who get paid by these services to advertise them on stream.

5. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    I understand that is usually how it works, but the only kind of sponsorship I thought were out there were more for gear and accessories :err: