Current Maplestory players

Discussion in 'MapleStory' started by Beast, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    I was wondering how many in this forum still plays Maple? I stopped in 2011 & joined here because I'm hyped for MS2 having high hopes that this game gonna be as awesome as it was before...

I tried once to go back to Maple but I was overwhelmed by all the new thing's since I stopped playing :wut:

2. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

I go on at least once a day to socialize but because my buddy list has become more and more dead since the summer I'm only on for a moment if nobody is on.
    I stopped training after I broke my zero sword after using a star enhancement scroll, I had maxed out the upgrade slots with 7+ - 8+ weapon attack scrolls and lost all of it.

3. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    Ohh that's a sad way to quit lol, I stopped after reaching 200

4. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

My zeros is lvl 203, and honestly my first lvl 200 character

5. Nic

Nic Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I'm currently playing in Bera, never got a high level character and I'm doubting about keeping up be cause of the P2W.

6. sjxsong

sjxsong T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    I still play Maple. I will stop training after I get to lvl 200 (currently 180 xenon, Bera), but I think I won't stop playing unless something really bad happens (such as get hacked or banned)

7. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Still playing. i have taken big breaks in the past but i still manage to continue coming back to the game

8. Sean

Sean City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    Still playing :) went on a long hiatus, but im enjoying my summer vacation playing now

9. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I "officially" quit a couple of years ago. It started a couple years before that. A few friends I met on other games said I should join their guild. Over the span of the guild's life we all became close friends. I eventually became in charge of our guild's website and forum.

Then one day (a few years later, so by this time we were all really close) our guild leader got like 450mil (back when that was a lot) from a gachapon run and used it to get a zakum helmet. Everyone in our guild was amazed and was like "Holy crap, you're a real pro now." By chance, I was able to do a gachapon run a few weeks later. I didn't make 450mil, but I had JUST enough to get my own zhelm. I payed a guild to take me on a run and ta-da, I had my own helmet.

Unfortunately, from what I can tell, my guild leader didn't like that. He accused me of hacking to get it and kicked me from the guild. Afterwards, almost none of my friends from the game would really talk to me anymore. I don't blame him though. Before this incident, he was one of the nicest guys in the world. We used to talk all the time inside and outside of the game, and I can only imagine something bad happened in his life that caused him to basically change face and become a different person.

A few months later, the guild was destroyed by some sort of guild hack, or something. At that time I was 100% done with maple so I don't know the details. I suppose it could've been karma. Either way, after that, anyone who would still talk to me just stopped. I've always had the assumption he told them I was the one who did it, but I have no proof of this.

I think I actually started playing again when Mercedes came out. Although it really hasn't been the same.

10. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I play on and off. I'm currently playing right now every day for at least 20-30 minutes if not longer.

11. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    Well to know all the new things watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvMjANGGuY

12. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    I know I played way back in the day with a 70 dexless hermit (when dexless was GOD). I then got bored and went on a long hiatus. I was on and off during the resistance and tempest (when Luminous was released) I was in full swing when RED was released and I have been playing ever since.

13. Steveio

Steveio Newbie

Level:
    At this point, I'm only playing MapleStory to tide me over until an actually substantial MMO comes out. By which I mean I just log in and do those event quest checklist things.

I've played MS since English Beta, and my experiences from when it was good are pretty much the only thing keeping me attached to the thing. And it sucks that Maple hit the power creep so hard, because if it were literally any other game, I would've dropped it so hard and forgotten about it.

Hopefully MS2 will give us at least a year of gameplay not being ruined by +X% Stats and basically requiring the use of a cash-based system in order to play the game fully.

14. Dally

Dally City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    I still play MapleStory on my Zero simply because I love their skills and my addiction to having better weaponry with the minimal amount of effort. About 2 hours or so a day. :p

15. Sean

Sean City Guard
    Founder

Level:
    all day errrr day
    spin4days

16. Acacia

Acacia Newbie
    Founder

I stopped for a bit during school but with summer break, I've been playing a bit more.

The guild I'm in is currently active and we've going on RA and CZak runs everyday for contribution points. My guild leader is a bit obsessed with being on the rock so the only way I can shut him up is to participate. I don't mind though, with RLH and Twilight Perion being open now (just hit 190) paired with the event that gives out free storage slots gives me a bit of motivation to sign on.

17. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

I started playing in 2006, it was amazing from like 06 to like 2011. Then things slowly went downhill, idk. The community also changed from when I started. The community is less social in my opinion and everyone cares so much about damage and stuff. Nexon also made the game p2w and ruined the game with many different things in my opinion that I don't want to go into detail about. Anyways, I was on and off since like 2010 from 2013.

I always had hopes nexon would create a update that would fix this huge p2w problem and stuff that's why I kept coming back but recently in 2013, I just gave up on them. I realized there never going to so I stopped playing cold turkey. Haven't looked back since. I still go on maplestory fansites like basilmarket and southperry, to only look at MS2 discussions and what people think of the upcoming game. I personally just think they ruined a great prospering game, in my opinion.

18. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    I agree with you Harms, same thing here I only come to visit MS2 forum's. I want to have the same joy playing Maplestory 2 same way the early years of Maple

Some of my old friends who used to play they have interest in coming back...many of them have children or working in full time jobs now. Still we all want that feeling back

3 people like this.
  19. Phampy

Phampy City Guard

Level:
    To be honest, some people have always cared about damage, however, they have never been able to achieve their grand goal of so and so damage. The social aspect stopped primarily because the community that you knew back then most likely grew up and out of Maplestory. The new community are less interested in the social aspect because they start playing with a lack of a community to be centered around. Most kids also play games not to be social, but to have fun. They each have fun in their own way, some want power, some want to be social. However, Maplestory just doesn't have the aspect of sociability as much as other games or even real life.

As for the pay 2 win aspect, the "social" people of back then spent money buying cash shop outfits. After they left, the new generation of players came in. They didn't exactly care about the looks of their character as much as the damage. So nexon had to do something to make money. I believe this is the reason they implemented cubes and other damage factor items into the game. The new players buy them because they want popularity for damage and good gear. Looks don't gain popularity as much as damage does, and so their goal is to get damage.

20. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    i care more about my looks but thats p2win your looks