Enchantment

Discussion in 'Wiki Additions' started by Mino, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Mino

Mino City Guard
    Ambassador

Job:
    You can enchant your weapon and clothes on 네르만 대장간 거리

Enchantment do costs Onyx crystal and additionally, Crystal fragment on later stages. (Scaled by item grade and enchant status)
    You can enchant only one thing at a one time. So careful choice is advised.

Enchanting weapon (from zero to +2)
    [​IMG]
    Choice: Physical ATT or Magic ATT

Enchanting weapon (+3 ~ Later)
    [​IMG]
    Choice: Physical ATT or Magic ATT or Critical accuracy or Accuracy or Critical damage

I don't have a screenshot for clothes, but you could enchant for Physical DEF or Magical DEF

Enchantment probability table:
    • Normal → +1: 100%
    • +1 → +2: 92%
    • +2→ +3: 87%
    • +3 → +4: 55% (15% chance of going back)
    • +4 → +5: 45% (19% chance of going back)
    • +5 → +6: 11% (30% chance of going back) (Can be broken? Not sure on this stage.)
    • +6 → +7: 9% (46% chance of going back) (Can be broken)
    • Later stage is unknown (I don't even know later stage does exists)

If you successfully enchanted +7, News will be announced on MAVIEW
    http://maview.nexon.com/News/ListSub?page=1&k=+7

If your equipment gets broken, you can't enchant for 30 mins. That's it, no chance of destruction at this time. (Yes, no boom.)

EDIT: On a side note, I'm seriously drunk today. Someone please help me improve this post.

#1 Mino, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    5 people like this.
  2. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    When I first saw "can be broken" my first immediate thought at someone who has absolutely 0 luck when it comes to anything was "oh great, more RNG bullcrap". I'm glad to see the only repercussion of an item "breaking" is that you can't enchant for a while.

All in all, this system is somewhat similar to the current system of enchanting in Maple 1. I just hope it doesn't end with some people be ridiculously overpowered and I hope they don't add some form of NX crystal that has a higher chance of working.

Does this also replace the scrolling system from the previous game? I would love for this game to have one consolidated method of improving items, instead of like 10.

3 people like this.
  3. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Ill be sure to add this information to the wiki asap! ^^

4. Nic

Nic Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I entirely agree with you. A simple system that does the same as the ten systems in MS1 is a great improvement.
    I think nexon could do some money with cash items that halves the cooldown if the item gets "broken" (or maybe cancelling it).

5. Sergeachu

Sergeachu City Guard

Sounds a lot like Dragon Nest's enhancement system. However, instead of Onyx you had to pay in-game money. Percentage seems to have remain the same each level. It has a chance to decrease in level, but it only gains a chance to break when you reach +6. When you do an upgrade above +10, it announces the entire server.

6. Sleepy Saif

Sleepy Saif Newbie

Well, depending on the outcome of the games history; I wouldn't be surprised to see "Safety-Charms", "Upgrading material cashshop(+10%/20%/etc)".