Feeling Nostalgia About Old MS1 ? Come StrawPoll !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HollowQc, Mar 4, 2015.

1. HollowQc

HollowQc City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    Hello Guys !
    I know im dreaming about the day where an old server would show up again ...(no private server)
    Im making a vote here...
    Maybe this wont change anything!
    But it Would be amazing if nexon america would take a look about what player want !
    i know many of us LOVE the old Maple Story style.
    i would be great if nexon could host an OLD server (Before KOC Patch)!
    I dont mean taking off the current server...i just mean hosting another little server for who
    ever who wanna play the old maple.

What you think about it?

Q-Why i want nexon to host the server?
    A-well it would be more popular than just a fcking private server...
    Q-Does this stawpoll will change anything?
    A-Probably not ....But Why not taking a chance to make it work?

Every Forum of maple story....i keep notice that most of people MISS the old maple...i do like the current one but i do PREFER the old one.

Make it real !

2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    There has been a LOOOT of discussion about this on various fansites (I know Reddit and the Official Forums have been hit hard by this) but Nexon has not said much.

I asked Artasi a while back but nothing much came of it. If Nexon is planning on anything they aren't spilling the beans.

3. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I think I'm one of the few people in the world who think a "classic" maple server is a huge waste of time and money. Despite the fact that a vocal majority of people say they want it, I doubt they'll actually PLAY it for more than a week. It wouldn't earn enough money to keep itself going, plus they would either have to divide the MapleStory team into 2, or hire a completely different team to oversee the classic Maple. Not to mention the dated clients and files that would need to be updated to properly work with newer computers and operating systems.

4 people like this.
  4. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    I don't see Nexon going along with releasing an older version of Maplestory at all. Unless it's profitable to a certain amount that they'd see it to be worth the time and effort. Kinda like Runescape 07.

5. Nic

Nic Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I'm also one of those people that think MS needed Big Bang and there isn't a need for an "ancient" server. it's a great challenge but it will be a waste of time to the team of Nexon.
    About RS '07 and MS, I feel they are a little bit different to use them as example, but it's only an opinion without bases =|...

6. Island

Island Did they buff HG yet? (╯°□°)--︻╦╤─
    Jr Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I think I agree with your point 100%

If we are talking about favorite memories, I think Pre-BB was definitely more enjoyable for me.
    I also loved grinding and leveling before 2x coupons were available.
    They were great memories, but do I have the energy and time to do it again?
    I would like to say YES, but realistically speaking, I'd probably play for maybe few days then realize how slow the leveling actually is and stop.

7. HollowQc

HollowQc City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    @Island IT AINT THAT SLOW LOL ! my gawd i do play one private server with normal exp and the exp is great when u know where to train and pq is also fast....like it used to be lol

8. Island

Jr Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    wait are we talking about the "old maple" or "new maple without 2x"?

I consider "old maple" to be before BB and before 4th job.

If we are talking about the latter, then i would agree that its probably easier to find better places to level.

my fondest memory is training at Squids in aquarium at like level 90+, training for like 3 hours for 25%. =o
    (then falling asleep on the keyboard only to die and lose the said %, prompting myself to log off in rage.)
    good times.

9. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    OMFG You trained at squids too?
    I trained my F/P mage at Squids from 85-93. It took me like 2 or 3 months to do that stretch! I recall 10 hours of training = 1 level back then. I would poison mist like 5 channels in a row and go back through each channel to 1 hit each mob.

10. Island

Jr Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    cc pls

11. HollowQc

HollowQc City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    Rolf !

12. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Nobody ksed a FP mage back then. I'd just mist your channel for like 5 minutes and YOU would cc. XD

13. HollowQc

HollowQc City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    @Zelkova i was the kind of noob (Lvl 50-60 )who was poor enough to come around these map to get the loot only bwhahaha !

14. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Oh jeez I remember that. I had someone who came to my Grupin map once just to loot. I lost a Tobi to that guy >>
    I found 26 Tobis from level 45-70 training at Grupins on my FP mage. Tobis sold for about 4-6m a pop usually back then.

15. HollowQc

HollowQc City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    @Zelkova BUT i wasnt that kind of people to steal expensive item :x i was only getting ect item and mesos ^_^ so people didnt really care seeing me looting stuff that they wasnt looting

16. Island

Jr Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I was feeling nostalgic and looked up Dangerous Sea Gorge II
    LOL Gobies... i forgot they even existed...!

17. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    To add to my idea from before, I don't necessarily prefer old MS to the new one or the other way around. I just liked the community better in the old MS. So I wouldn't be willing to go back the pre-bb MS unless it somehow resurrected the community alongside it. The grinding took forever but at least you had people at your side the entire time to interact with and share the endless grind with.

18. Sergeachu

Sergeachu City Guard

The old days were filled with fun experience, that's for certain. But the only reason PRE-BB and POST-BB are so different is because the entire community changed to assimilate to the new ways of Maplestory. There were still power hungry people in the old days (ohmergerd, D3xl33$ $!n) but those were a loud minority and there weren't a lot of options to get stronger. Now that there's a HUGE amount of methods to get stronger, many players are doing it cause they can.

To answer the original thread question, I'm one of the people who feel indifferent about Nexon hosting an old Maplestory server. Sure, I'd play it, but nostalgia is just fun memories that you miss. I'm sure will play for while, most longer than others, but eventually they'll possibly get their fill. My favorite class, Hayato, lies in the new days so of course I'll return.

19. Sleepy Saif

Sleepy Saif Newbie

It all comes down to who you play with, neither the less what you actually played. Most of the time in maple-story, I'd find my self traveling alone on ships and avoiding balrog.

20. Meyling

Meyling Newbie

I don't see why not :eek: I personally joined around the time that Phantom came out so I never experienced 'old maple' or pre-big bang or whatever but it sounds nice! I'd like to dive in and see what maple used to be back then! To be honest I have a few trading cards of Maplestory heheh~