How much content comes out of Tespia

Discussion in 'MapleStory' started by Sirtucx, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    I have heard about Tespia for a while, but as I see "Notes" from sites like OrangeMushroom I was wondering how many of the things that go into Tespia are actually released into the game. The question arrised when I saw this on Matt's (MisusingTV) live stream https://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/2014/07/10/kmst-ver-1-2-508-so-many-skill-changes/ it got me interested so I checked it out. I talked it over with some of my friends and the most experienced of the group brought up that most of this stuff will never happen because almost "95%" of stuff that goes into Tespia doesn't go out. I'm just wondering if that has been true for a lot of the cases? I would still look at these regardless as a Game Developer just to see what they see is happening to the game.

2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I play KMST quite often, the only thing that they've added that hasn't made it to live (from what I can remember) is the battle mage rework. Everything else has at least made it to KMS. Now, CMS has modified KMS files and we get CMS patches from time to time. Things like KMS Luminous, Kaiser, and Angelic Buster did not make it to GMS, instead we are using the CMS versions.

What your friends are saying is not true.

3. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Pretty much what Zelkova said, almost everything in Tespia goes to the real servers. Again, the only thing I can think of that was completely scraped is the Battle Mage "revamp" like Zelkova said. Many things are changed in Tespia over and over to get them right, example a class rebalance might be changed 2 or 3 times in Tespia before it hits real servers, so in those terms your friends are semi-right (95% is WAY exaggerated though) but it will come out in some form. If it is in Tespia expect it to happen.

4. Sirtucx

Sirtucx City Guard

Level:
    Good to know thanks guys :grad: