Maplestory 2 Hype thread?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 오라클, Apr 23, 2015.

?

Do they need to bring back the Orbis ship (If orbis is released someday)

1. Yes, memories

66.7%
  2. I dont like waiting 40 minutes to wait for a ship in game and 20 minutes to ride one

29.2%
  3. How about miracle cubes

16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Hey guys Ouracle here!
    As we close in on the last week until the Final Test lets power up our hype!
    Lets get a few questions running in this thread shall we?

• What are you most excited for in Maplestory 2?
      • Do you think that the bosses presented in Maplestory 2 require strategy vs Maplestory 1 as where you push the mob to the wall and press 3 buttons?
      • Are you looking forward to being able to create your own outfit? (I sure am :cute:, I plan on making my Nuadha robe from Mabinogi)
      • Do you like the cube design that they decided to go with? (No "Sigh another minecraft copy")
      • Do you think that with everything floating this may affect certain map designs? AKA Orbis.
      • Future of Maplestory 2? (Cubes)
      • What is your favorite Maplestory2 BGM so far? I love the bgm in this game as they did a great job and I just want to know what music you guys enjoy from the game because why not? :toasty:

You don't have to answer everything xD But just let out your opinions! We need to get the hype up in here and keep it alive :sparkles:
    Long live Tria:swoon:

This one is my personal favorite!mtvHypemtvHypemtvHype

Ill be streaming Maplestory2 for all the days its open, going to have a very chat interactive stream @ www.twitch.tv/ouracle ; schedule in twitch bio

#1 오라클, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. Batcat

Batcat _(:зゝ∠)_

Job:
    - PvP Hype, Competitive PvP as well as the fuck fest that the shadow world will bring >:D
    - Yes, while with good gear most parties can just steam roll through the bosses, but MapleStory 2 is about efficiency and timing, your competing against the whole server to get the fastest boss kill time, that requires strategy min-maxing and perfect team composition to achieve that.
    -Im batman
    -Its not really minecraft, although the layout of the game is blocky like minecraft, our characters and monsters have free form and shape, our movement isn't restricted to the blocks (i.e we can be in between blocks).

Although this isn't part of the question, id like to add that the possibility of end game gear is infinitely hard to achieve which makes the game in a sense revert back to the grind in MS1. Those of you who love grind and is disappointed that it wont be much of a grind, refer to my guide in the 4.equipment section. Like archeage, you will have to pray to RNGesus for that sweet end game min-max.

#grind

3. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Am I the only person that actually liked the wait for ships? I know with the current young generation having to wait 15 minutes for a ship then 10 minutes for a ride will be a buzzkill, but I genuinely never had a problem with it.

Also didn't have a problem with walking from town to town (It was over a year after I started playing MS where I finally started making enough $ to take the taxi's).

Can't wait to watch some streams!

4. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    See I actually enjoy the grind because I am attracted to the game.
    I think bosses are still going to be hard, look at zakum in MS2. It nearly 1 shots people then again like you said, strategy comes into play.
    How about dem miracle cubes doe

5. Batcat

Batcat _(:зゝ∠)_

Job:
    I liked to wait as it was a good chance for me to play mini games with friends or review/plan ahead.

6. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I actually love the orbis ship/ludi and tbh if they added it I would love it so much. Though you obviously cant throw balrog in anymore, unless they create a weaker version. It would be harder to do since its 3D then again they can do a 2.5D for a boat.
    Walking town to town to avoid spending 5000000000 mesos
    I cant wait to stream! ^^

7. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    I'm just excited to start over with MapleStory in a whole new setting and hopefully with a more interactive community. (The solo play in MS1 leaves me feeling a little more lonely than most MMORPG's.)
    The bosses should take strategy to take down instead of just run and gun like a lot of bosses are now. The also look like they take strategy so I'm hyped for that. Another reason to trust in your friends instead of solo play.
    I want to say I am excited to create my own content and customize everything, but anyone that knows me knows that I'm extremely lazy. Chances are I will create little to nothing at all. But I will want to create stuff. Hope that counts.
    I like the design because I think it opens up the whole UGC stuff that MS1 can't really achieve with it's current art style.
    The floating block things will most definitely affect map designs. After all, it is before the original MS so Nexon can play around with that a lot. Or maybe they won't change it all that much.
    Hopefully they don't implement items that encourage solo play until years down the road like that did with MS1. I just find it a little... Annoying I guess. I like the idea behind simple scrolling. I dunno how I feel about the way everything works now for MS1.
    Also, I haven't actually been listening to any BGM. I never do for any game. Usually. It does it's job, plays itself in the background so I rarely notice it.
    Long live Tria. :swoon:

2 people like this.
  8. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I like how its more casual and how its more about the community, kinda like ms1 when it first started, and the solo play in MS2 dosent seem too bad actually!
    Bosses require communication now instead of lets hit and kill.
    I plan on making many outfit designs C:
    Defiently curious to see how they will do certain map designs and I think that they should keep the game the way it is right now, maybe some improvements and not turn it into what MS1 turned into.
    Stop by my stream if you can!

9. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

What class are you making?

10. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I'm going to do a poll for my stream to see which class everyone would like to see first then progress from there :p

11. Phuuz

Phuuz ★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

Job:
    I never had a problem with it also, although doing the 3rd job advancement back then was a bit a pain in the ass, but the hype behind finally being 3rd job made the trip back and forward so worth it.

- Hopefully a new start, with a fresh, interactive and helpful community. I also can't wait to do PQ again all over like the old days in Kerning City and Ludi PQ, it was filled with people, everyday you met other interesting friendly people who shared the same interests. I still regularly talk to alot of the friends I've gotten from playing pre-BB MS1 when doing PQ's.

I'm a huge fan of hard PvE content so I can't wait to start gearing up for bossing and trying out different play-styles to maximize your DPS output.

- Bosses will require certain amount of awareness and strategy as a 10m party but it won't be as hard as Mythic bosses for example in World of Warcraft. Mechanics should be punishing for melee but also for ranged. If they wanna succeed in the bosses segment they have to introduce the tanking / support / dps system, to make every class necessary in raiding (I don't know if I can call it raids or just bossing)

Hopefully when the game grows older is that they introduce new "hardmodes" for (old) bosses with more interesting unique mechanics to make it harder for people who wants a challenge and thus better gear then normal, and at the same time keep the old bosses relevant. They also have to make bossing viable for casual players aswell who wants a bit of challenge and progression in their character besides PQing.

- As an graphic designer I'll do my best to try and become the most ridiculous pink ugly male nerd bunny there is. I will not fail :sparkles:.

- There's alot of possibilities with this art direction in terms of UGC, but also easy to develop new content for the developers, instead of it having to be hand-drawn it's all engine based. They have alot of possibilities, alot more than I think they had with MS1 in terms of depth, so I'm hyped about Ludi / Leafre, Clock tower and ofcourse Orbis!

- The developers have said that they learned from the mistakes of MS1, We don't know how they are going to attract the game to the western market. If revenue fails to meet their expectations they will do something probably, but what? we will see, I rather not want to even think about it and enjoy the content.

They said they were never going to introduce 2x exp, geuss what? well they did. No we will never make insane events, well they did... It will not go as extreme as MS1, but it will definitely will have a bit of impact on the game.

Time will tell, but the game should be safe for the first 12 to 24 months after release.

- I'm not particularly impressed by the BGM of MS2 yet, I find the BGM that Wizet made for the original alot better (Ellinia Tree, KPQ, Pig Beach etc). They feel like they blended in alot more into the game and the world itself.

Is my favorite at the moment.

#11 Phuuz, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2015
    2 people like this.
  12. Tentar

Tentar professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    >What are you most excited for in Maplestory 2?
    Playing a game that isn't competitive.

>Do you think that the bosses presented in Maplestory 2 require strategy vs Maplestory 1 as where you push the mob to the wall and press 3 buttons?

Well, I sure hope they do in the end.

>Are you looking forward to being able to create your own outfit? (I sure am (emoji), I plan on making my Nuadha robe from Mabinogi)

You'll know it's me when you see a guy with a Death Grips shirt.

Do you like the cube design that they decided to go with? (No "Sigh another minecraft copy")
    Yes. It looks pretty good and cute.

Do you think that with everything floating this may affect certain map designs? AKA Orbis.

Idk, I don't mind it.

Future of Maplestory 2? (Cubes)

Inevitable.

2 people like this.
  13. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    Pshh nub's go channel 9 or 17 it's two min's late. + it's a time to eat, take a shower, or go to the market to get snacks while the ship reaches it's destination.

Time management people!

2 people like this.
  14. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    What I am looking forward to the most is user generated content and hopefully a more casual/social community like early MS1 had. Really hoping they don't add things like cubes or something (even if they don't cost real money) that make the game to damage focused, I'd like to see this be more teamwork oriented. As for cube map layout, I hate when people compare it to minecraft, sure minecraft made the block style more known but it wasn't the first, won't be the last, and anything that also uses the art style is not copying.

2 people like this.
  15. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Alot of great answers there! I personally enjoy the orbis ship like you! I dont mind waiting tbh. (For a job adv of course ^^)
    I really enjoy how you need different classes to take on raid bosses and positioning aswell. Cant wait to see you ingame! Drop by my stream if you can and if you get in add me! :)
    Lets see that pink bunny outfit shall we :^)

16. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    @Tentar I hope to see you around! And I'll know which one is you now Kappa

@Beast exactly! Getting a snack during the ride was what I did lol

@Kairos And I agree with you on user generated content as its going to really make this game different and in my opinion, more fun. Teamwork makes games more fun, not 1 shotting PBKeepo

17. Whyte

Whyte Bishop of Oryx
    Wiki Editor

Level:
    Job:
    The first week. Gotta race for #1, ya feel?

18. Tentar

Tentar professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    Oh yeah, like the "new wow expansion lets race to max level" which ends in "let's not stay up for 48 hours and play on insane lag because there are billions of players online at the same time" :^(

19. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Gl with that :p *cough* veterans *cough*

20. WatchGintama

WatchGintama City Guard

Job:
    • The PVP and customization
    • Yes, just look at Zakum.
    • I'm terrible at design/photoshop so I dunno. I'll probably buy or request other