New Computer!

Discussion in 'All Chat' started by LeoNine, Nov 29, 2014.

1. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    For christmas I'm getting a new Asus computer with a processor of 10.
    I'm going to be livestreaming with this computer on December 26th to explore how good my computer streams maplestory.
    Asus - 23" Touch-Screen All-In-One Computer - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black

3 people like this.
  2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Hey thats cool. I'm not really familiar with AiO computers, does it have a graphics card as well?

3. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Yeah the marketing for CPUs have changed pretty drastically since tablets have become so popular. 23" is absolutely humongous!

I actually have been shopping around for a new laptop (Or desktop if the price is right), I'm currently easily hitting 30FPS while running OBS for my streams. My laptop is Windows 8.1 with 6GB Ram (Only 5.46 usable however), 500GB harddrive, with a AMD A10-4600m APU with Radeon HD Graphics. Just from the base 3 specs your pc looks pretty good. Have fun

4. Nic

Nic Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I'm concerned about the GPU, but I can't really say anything about PCs specs be cause Argentina is an ass in the technologic department this last years...

But a really nice computer =D

5. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Let me know how that A10 APU works out. I'm considering building a PC with one of those for a friend.

6. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Mk.

Right now im looking for a i7 2.5ghz+ processor, 1TB HD, and 12 gigs of RAM. I think NVidia is becoming pretty common and trusted now amongst most high performance/gaming models.

But srsly, if you ever want optimum performance (like you come into a large some of money, and you are looking into investing a cpu you can use for the next 15+ years), just put together a desktop. Either buy the parts and do it yourself or hire some geeksquad worker to do it for you.

Knowing what I know now, I would just buy a small little netbook for Word and web browsing for when you are an on the go student, and keep the desktop posted up on the Table for when you need to get down to some srs biz.

7. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    A CPU that lasts 15 years? The average lifespan of a computer is usually 3-5 years. 15 year old CPU's (Pentium 3 or 4 I guess?) are garbage compared to our current generation of CPU's.

8. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I might have exaggerated o_Oo_Oo_O But I doubt a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M SLI, inside a 1TB, 12gbRam+ 2.5ghz+ i.7 atleast superpc will become outdated any time soon.

But then again technology is growing rapidly, that Iphone 3s from a <5yrs ago are more or less obsolete now.

9. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    Hey, I am also getting a new computer since I only have a i3 HP laptop for school work and that's it really! I didn't play games in a laptop or a PC for a long time now so I decided to buy a new gaming PC from Origin; Estimated shipping time is on the 26th of Dec so I am very excited :D

3 people like this.
  10. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    I submitted my channel 2 tria.tv I won't be talking during the livestreams though I will most likely be playing FF14

4 people like this.
  11. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Aww yee. What server do you play in?

12. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    I can move servers to yours im not sure I played last night but i dont pay attention to them.

13. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I play in Faerie.
    My name is Fresh Meat.

[​IMG]

#13 Zelkova, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  14. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    k I will see if the name Leo Nine is taken if it is not i will use it. Hold on a sec I don't see that server. I looked in the world menu and I don't see it. Do u mean fafrit?

#14 LeoNine, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  15. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Change your data center to Aether.

16. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    hey zelkova how do I change my archer 2 a ninja?

17. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    You need to be level 10 and you need to have done your job quests for level 10 from your instructor. They will allow you to change jobs afterwards.

18. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    I believe the Asus computer's have 2 get used 2 gaming. There is a lot of lag while I play low budget games. I hope this computer gets better!

19. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    I don't think that computer was built for strict gaming aspects, Currently i'm using a high end notebook which has fairly decent specs then a lot of low-mid gaming laptops/desktops, yet i lag on here all the time when i play games.

Maybe try to get a SSD for your OS which will hopefullly make your computer much faster

20. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    Zelkova when I type in Fresh Meat in the player sherch u don't come up.