Pets

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sergeachu, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Sergeachu

Sergeachu City Guard

We've all had them. They've been our travel buddy since the beginning of time. Soon as they lost their time of life, you'd desperately search for a way to revive them just so you can once again have their company. Yes, I'm talking about pets. I'm 100% sure they'll be in Maplestory, but I want to specifically talk about is how they'll be implemented and which pets will be making a return.

I'm hoping these pets make a return;
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (In no specific order)
    And for my friend;
    [​IMG]

Now for implementation, I hope they take the Mabinogi route when implementing pets. Pets in Mabinogi are so versatile, all are capable in combat, though some better than others, some are capable of being mounts and a selected few can fly, and some can be used for harvesting. I want this kinda stuff to feature in Maplestory II. I simply LOVED the way Mabinogi handled pets. In addition, I do hope they keep the ability to communicate with us.

2. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    WOW I hadn't thought about pets in MS2 yet.

Like you, I am hoping that pets will be able to participate in combat. Maybe they'll go for a "capture" system like a few other MMO's use? (You can capture mobs and tame them as pets).

If not the capture system, I just hope they bring over my monkey [​IMG]

3. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    I would love for pets to be incorporated but no matter in which way they are obtained, I want them to be PERMANENT. I don't even care if they're useless and don't do anything, if they're going to give them to us, I want them to be permanent.

I'm not sure how I feel about attacking pets, because unless they are all identical, you get instances of "Oh, this pet is the best, so everyone has it, meanwhile there are 30 other pets that nobody has because they aren't as worthwhile." I am perfectly fine with pets and mounts being "merged", so you can ride your pets as well. That'd be awesome!

#3 AtomicAdam, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    4 people like this.
  4. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    I got a free permanent pet from MapleStory two years ago. I think it was from a Christmas event. It's a cake pet so I'm assuming it's not going to be brought over into MS2 as I don't think having a cake as a pet is reasonable. I personally think it's a funny pet, but sadly I don't think it will make it's return if MS2 has pets. But I do hope MS2 does have pets in general and not ones you have to drop $10 to have for 3 months.

5. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    I want them to have Meso/item pouch, it helps during training by saving time collecting drops by myself; + They r cute!

I agree with AtomoicAdam having pets attacking is a bad idea, the pets system in MS was great everyone had different pet like we c here. Having a pet with stats is also a bad idea we might c everyone choosing 2-3 out of 10 pets bcuz they give +2 att.

6. Sergeachu

Sergeachu City Guard

Lets just hope for the best; NO GOSH DARN WATER OF LIFE.

7. Torn

Torn Newbie

Job:
    No more generic dog! What about different breeds!! :D Like actually be able to distinguish them

(I remember two in ms. some sort of beagle and a husky but why not pugs, shi-tzus, german shepherds??? imagine)

8. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    They have released some different breeds of dogs in MS over the past couple years such as pugs :)

9. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Don't forget CORGIS!! Corgis are so derpy.

10. Jen

Jen City Guard
    Super Moderator

Level:
    I want my Kino, Monkey, and Panda :love:

11. Wolf

Wolf Help Bot

Level:
    Job:
    Monkey would be cool but I need my Aussie Kangaroo and Pingu Penguin [​IMG]

12. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

It'd be neat if some of the pets can sit on your head or shoulders when idle, like how some pets act in FFXIV!
    Some interaction between certain types of pets would be nice to see if possible!