Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Zelkova, Apr 12, 2014.
This bit right here
The count would still be available here on user profiles
Umm... I like having it there, so I can know if this was an older user, or someone with more experience and knowledge about this forum when they post, etc. Is it me or is that my info bar?
I think having the post count visible to everyone is good. Why? well because it shows how interactive one is with the community. A lot of people like to show others the amount they've contributed to the community.
I suppose I should mention why I am considering this.
There has been speculation that the infopane is cluttered a bit. I was hoping to clean it up a smidge.
It is cluttered and the post count being there isn't necessary, as you can view it from your profile, if you want to see it.
By cluttered do you mean from the suggestion about adding badges, etc.
Yes. I've felt like it can be a bit messy over there and I just want to clean it up a tad bit. Thats all!
I also like having the post count visible to everyone for pretty much the same reason as what Vangoro said. It would be easier for everyone to know who's active and experienced versus someone who hasn't been here that long. To an extent also, it would demonstrate credibility.
I like it there. Easier to see how experienced/knowledgeable someone is within the forum.
Out of everything in the side bar, the post count is actually the most relevant in posts.
My personal suggestion would be to take out things that really don't matter as much.
1. IGN is useful. It helps us identify someone.
2. Level, who cares.
3. Sever, useful. Why not add the icon (if possible) to the IGN? Otherwise, just leave it out.
4. Location doesn't really matter.
5. Nobody other than the user needs to know how many times he has been warned.
6. I don't even know the use of those circles.
7. Founder button is pretty large. Could be slimmed down.
Sue so smurt.
3. Useful. Icon cannot be added to IGN unless I found some way to modify the field. (I'm pretty limited on the back end)
5. That bit is for admin/mods only. You shouldn't be able to see it I think..
6. Eh those are easily removed. They're supposed to dictate post count, the same way you have the "sword" or "squishy liquid".
7. Yes it is large. I was taking into account other forums that have similar badges. The size of the badge allows for customization, while just text with a color looks bland.
@[member='Sue'] Great suggestion =w=
BTW, with the pip system (black dots) I could theoretically clone the "Level" system that leafre.net uses.
If you did that could you make it borderless and make it fade out the sides like the Founder badge?
Im for having post count removed. Im here everyday reading just about everything that is said, but I hardly post anything. People view post count as a Status, the more you have the more important you are. Just because I don't post much doesn't mean that my views/opinions/suggestions are less important. And I hope none of us really think that way, but once our community grows there will be a time that its going to happen... Having it displayed makes it easier to judge, I guess.
Again, just my views as someone who lurks here everyday without saying much.
I agree it is cluttered, though I am sure you can make it toggle-able via user cp with the correct configurations
Is it still just me or are those my info bars?
Yes, I took a screenshot of your infopane.
you are the lucky test monkey - I don't mind remove them we still have the names that tell users roughly what there post count is so that fix's the issue with them being active or knowledgeable in the community.
I also like the idea of changing the icon for founder to be smaller allowing for more future fun icons. *cough* battle bishop badge. *cough*