Tria.tv Community Game Night

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by AtomicAdam, Apr 26, 2015.

1. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Greetings Triatans!

As our community continues to grow, I feel like we need more ways to interact as a community since besides Maple 1, we don't actually have a game to play right now. One of the ideas I came up with was the "Tria.tv Community Game Night". The idea is that once a week (probably a Friday or Saturday evening, EST) we would have a server open in a different game every week for our members to play on with each other. We would of course take community feedback to decide what games to do and we would have some sort of a rotation. If people didn't really like a game it would be removed and if the community wanted to try other games, we could include them.

Even if you are unable to play, we could maybe get someone to stream the Community Game Night, which would allow those who can't do so to hang out in chat and still be apart of the fun! Also, with the addition of the TeamSpeak server, we'll have a way to communicate with each other as we play games!

My question to you, Triatans are the following:

1.) Would you be interested in this?

2.) If so, what sort of games would you like to see in the rotation?

This post is mostly to gauge interest in the idea. If people like it, we can make it a reality!

4 people like this.
  2. Tentar

Tentar professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    I probably wouldn't be able to participate because of timezones + i can't play one game for longer periods of time. Good luck anyhow.

3. Megumi

Megumi City Guard

1. yeah i would be interested
    2. osu league are the only games i play right now and hs maybe some steam games ;p

4. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Yes! Let's start with Team Fortress 2

2 people like this.
  5. WatchGintama

WatchGintama City Guard

Job:
    Depends on the game. The only game I can think of is Mario Kart 8.

6. Select

Select Guard Sergeant

Level:
    I think sticking to accessible games to all would be a good idea. (Something like League has a huge gap if everyone's not level 30 and it's not fun if skill level varies so much that it's just a few guys slaughtering the other guys.)
    I dunno if something like this is free but Cards Against Humanity could be a fun and easy idea. And like @Jampysos said, Team Fortress 2. I'd have to check my Steam for more ideas, but that's the two I think are good starts.

7. Tentar

Tentar professional shoutboxer
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Job:
    You know it mang.

http://www.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/

8. Phuuz

Phuuz ★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

Job:
    1. I would be interested, but;
    Same applies to me. If you could make it a fittable time-frame frame it would be great.

2. CS:GO, DotA 2, TF2, basicly any steam game there is.

9. Siggy

Siggy City Guard

Level:
    Job:
    Yes! TF2, CS:GO, Terraria, Minecraft, Starbound some of the games I'd be interested in ^^

10. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    This sounds like a great idea, it would defiently be a good way to interact more. I would join in! The only prob with most people may be time zones

11. AtomicAdam

Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Yeah, time zones are probably the biggest issue. A possible alternative is instead of having it on one "night", we have the server up all weekend long and people can just join in and play whenever they feel like it. I don't want to force anyone who isn't in a certain time zone to stay up really late, or get up really early just to participate in a community event.

For consoles, we'd have to find out who owns what consoles and games. There's no real point in having a Mario Kart CGN when only 2 people own the game. That being said, I would absolutely LOVE to have Mario Kart and Smash in the rotation!

12. WatchGintama

WatchGintama City Guard

Job:
    PC would probably be easier to host. But I have no interest outside of MS2 and ToS.

13. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    Cmon man, prop hunt. Noone can hate that

14. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

I second this and also want to mention something like Mafia or Town of Salem

and yes, I'd be interested! Also in streaming it for the community!

15. AtomicAdam

Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    If we do end up having someone stream it you could still watch! And who knows, if that is the case, maybe you'll see a game and be like "oh wow, that does look pretty fun!" and want to try it out as well!

16. 오라클

오라클 I'm back...?
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    If this does become a reality I would be more than happy to stream community game night

17. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I am of course for this. I would prefer to host games that have linux servers but can host a windows server if need be.

18. Whyte

Whyte Bishop of Oryx
    Wiki Editor

Level:
    Job:
    Cards against Humanity sounds like a good time.

I'll also cast votes for Terraria and Curve Fever

19. Mikie

Mikie City Guard

Level:
    1: I would be interested
    2: MOBA type games seem like a good idea. Although I assume its not restricted to just free games
    Paid games that would be good for something like this that come to mind would be Minecraft, Rust, TF2, GTA5, Reign of Kings, ARMA 3, Garry's Mod and maybe I'll post more as they come to mind.

20. Keefuuuuuu~

Keefuuuuuu~ Newbie

sounds fun but i have no idea what we could play x vx! i have tons of games but im not really sure what would be good
    i might be a bit too shy to join anyways but it does sound like a good idea * v*!