UEFA Champions League anyone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment Center' started by ChannelOnion, Apr 23, 2015.

1. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

The Champions league has now narrowed down to the remaining 4:
    Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, and Bayern

I personally am rooting for a finals game between Bayern and Barcelona as I'm sure they'll put on a great show!

What's your dream final matchup? Who do you think will get through to the finals?

2. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Chelsea is out so idc.

OT:
    Tbh we all know Juventus just isn't a strong enough squad to compete with the other three. Clearly the weakest squad out of the bunch.

I also believe Real Madrid has a tendency of choking at times, and that could lead to a disappointing leg if they were to get through to the final.

Barcalona imo have the ability to be the best out of the 4 teams available. I think they win CL, especially if they don't have to go through Bayern.

Bayern are a very good team as usual, but they have also had a very easy way to the final 4. We remember what Real did to the "Best team in the world" a few years ago in the CL. Have they become complacent and will they be shocked if they draw Real or Barca?

Preferred Matchups for me:
    Bayern v Real (Would be sick if Bayern gave them a whooping too!)
    Barca v Juve

Bayern v Barca
    Barca WINS

3. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

English FCs this year = :imdead:

This is the reasoning behind my choices as well!! Real Madrid really can under-perform at times and wouldn't want the finals to potentially be a lopsided match. As for Juventus, I haven't been following football too long and just haven't seen them being a strong team.

My best friend is a die-hard Barca fan so I always cheer for the opposition team:boss:, haha. If Bayern goes against Barcelona, I'll be cheering for Bayern
    :thumbsup:

4. Phuuz

Phuuz ★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

Job:
    Bayern has the best performing team his year in my opinion. Robben and Neuer have been amazing thus far <3. I wish it was Barca vs Bayern in the finals, but now the semi's are drawn I geuss it'll be Bayern vs Real Madrid.

Haven't really seen much of Juventus this year and Real Madrid has been very mixed this season, so Juventus could win if Real Madrid (Ronaldo vs Bale) is frustrated at itself once again.

Bayern > Barca
    Juventus < Real Madrid

Bayern > Real Madrid

Hoping for some good matches, can't wait for Bayern vs Barca, they are both in form.

5. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

Damn, I'm not liking the way Semi finals have been drawn :/
    I sincerely hope to see Robben play in the game vs Barca.
    Disappointed that Bayern vs Barca isn't a finals game, but I'm very much stoked to watch this game too!

6. ThatsAwesome

ThatsAwesome Newbie

I think the Match between Juventus and Madrid is gonna be a very close and tense one, because Madrid wasn't that overwhelming in the last two rounds either. They managed a close finish against Schalke where they were clearly the worse team in that last game.
    Also Juventus has got a very organised Defense and Pirlo and Tevez are always good to go for a fast goal.

The second Semifinal is also pretty unpredictable i would say. Bayern wasn't that overwhelming in the first games of the KO-Round but always played a very good match at home. I thinkd in this matchup there is nothing decided until the last minutes of the second game.

7. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

With Real's recent form Juve could pull off a Victory (At Juve Arena) and a draw (At the Bernebau).

But knowing how crucial a CL title is to Ancelotti is, I see it hard for him to go out to Juve unless he just wants to be sacked.

8. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

I can definitely see that happening. But I won't be so happy if the finals are going to be an underdog match for Juventus!! >: (
    I wish all of us in this thread could get together at a pub and watch these games.. lol
    Instead, I'm stuck with my die-hard Barca fan friend who starts jizzing his pants every damn time Messi gets the ball lol

9. Jampysos

Jampysos Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

I know right.

I have one of those friends too :vomit:
    Unlucky for me I have a PSG supporting roommate, who I had to painfully sit next to while PSG equalized and beat us with aggregate.
    Luckily for me my other roommate supports Barca so I could laugh and enjoy Barca whooping PSG senseless.
    All that's left is for Barca to take an L and we will all be out and I can finally enjoy football again.

10. Phuuz

Phuuz ★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

Job:
    Robben got injured (Muscle tear) in yesterday's semi-final of DFB against Dortmund.. still hoping for bayern, but I doubt they will get a win against Barca (MSN) who is just crushing everyone now at the moment.

11. ChannelOnion

ChannelOnion City Guard
    Ambassador

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! OMG WHY ROBBEN....
    I really was excited to see him play in the semi-finals... Not his year I guess..
    :why:

12. Phuuz

Phuuz ★★★★★★
    Super Moderator

Job:
    Final is Juventus vs Barcelona. Real Madrid was so bad... glad they didn't go through. They never deserved it.

Easy win for this unstoppable Messic-Suarez-Neymar train.

#12 Phuuz, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
    3 people like this.