v.159 MapleStory x Attack on Titan

Discussion in 'Upcoming Patches' started by AtomicAdam, Jan 21, 2015.

?

How would you rate the patch?

1. 5 - Excellent!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4 - Great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3 - Not good, but not bad.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. 2 - Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 - Abysmal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    [​IMG]

Highlights: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/updates/update-highlights/00IHc
    Patch Notes: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/updates/update-notes/00IHg

----------------------​

Personally, I'm a little disappointed that this is mostly a filler patch. At least with SAO we also got the Blaze Wizard revamp and--while temporary and unintentional--a super amazing training area. I'm not much of an anime watcher, so the theme of the update itself is lost on me. The content itself, regardless of it's origins, does look more interesting than the SAO "complete a couple levels of a dungeon, now buy NX and do it again" crossover. From what I've seen in the patch notes, it looks like we'll complete quests related to the anime, with characters from it, rather than role-playing as them.

There's also something called a "Beasts of Fury" dungeon which honestly just seems like Mu Lung Dojo, except as an event. When I first saw the word "Beasts", I got giddy and thought we were getting Beast Tamer again, despite the fact that they've said it's not coming back for a while, if at all.

Other than that, I didn't see anything else worth mentioning. There's another attendance event, but it looks mostly useless. After December's amazing attendance events, this one is a bit of a let down. We're also getting another one of those "get EXP coupons on every character each week", except it's 1.5x this time instead of 2x. Most of the other events are fairly "meh" to be honest. I'm seeing a lot of AEE scrolls as rewards to events. Honestly, I think Red Pots would be more useful.

So anyway, what do YOU think of this update?

2. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Only been on few a minutes to check the AoT events, so far its meh. Nothing good as rewards if you already did the SAO event months ago, and most stuff seems to be behind a pay wall if you want to do it more than a few times. Cash shop equips look decent. Only thing in the patch so far that interests me is the weapon cover and the hunter's club event rewards.

3. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    I was looking forward to new medals/cooler equips but they are like everyone is saying, 'meh' (talking about the AoT event). Hunters Club does look a bit interesting but for the most part, it's definitely a filler patch.