Video Discussion: MapleStory 2 Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'MapleStory 2 Videos' started by Zelkova, May 22, 2014.

1. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Name: MapleStory 2 Gameplay Trailer
    Category: MapleStory 2
    Date Added: 22 May 2014 - 09:51 PM
    Submitter: Zelkova
    Short Description: None Provided

Be sure to visit http://tria.tv for all news updates on MapleStory 2!

This video is Nexon Korea's very first gameplay trailer for MapleStory 2.
    This video was created by Nexon Korea / ProjectMS.

View Video

4 people like this.
  2. Justin

Justin City Guard
    Founder

I'm excited for this game. It looks a little strange, but it looks like it'll be very unique in its own way.

3. sjxsong

sjxsong T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    Looks pretty good, can't wait till the actual game come out :eek:hno:

but I'm kidda confused about one thing, in the game trailer, it's mostly like a top/tilted view. However, while watching it, I saw a couple of scenes where the viewpoint is changed to 3rd-person... does this mean that we can change the view point? :err:

4. Grim

Grim Newbie
    Founder

im not the only one who saw what looked like the /twerk command right? :heh:

5. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Yeah, it looks like you can change the view point.

6. Sue

Sue Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Nobody made a minecraft joke yet?

7. Agro

Agro Newbie

Level:
    So... I've had literally zero interest in Maplestory or it's rumored sequel for a long time now. This video though... my interest is piqued. The game looks good and looks like the combat may be great. Doubt it'll be the best game ever, but I'll definitely play it when it comes out.

That said, there's some things I've noticed in the comment section that I just can't ignore. I gotta quote some and tear them apart a bit. I'm probably about to make a bad first impression but... here goes!

"What the hell is this? I was expecting something totally different from the teaser trailer. This doesnt even look like its worth trying..all they needed to do was make maplestory into a real 3D Mmorpg..something like world of warcraft woth a maplestory spin but noo..we get minecraft. Welp Nexon..you done fucked up"
    First off... shut up.
    Minecraft didn't invent cubes. I didn't even think it looked like Minecraft at all until hundreds of you pointed it out. It's a simple, cute art direction they have going here and they don't need to blur lines or smooth edges to "fix it". They do a lot with this graphic style that looks really good and the fact that it's comprised of cubes doesn't really come up except during that first 15 seconds in what appears to be Ludibrium which, let's face it, was already comprised of blocks (legos). It's not going to play like Minecraft and only the world is even cubed so it hardly looks like it. Stop judging books by their cover. Sheesh.

And do we really need another World of Warcraft clone? Really?

"It seems more social based"
    Well... sure. It's an MMO. They sort of hinge on being social. As long as the core gameplay (combat) is still fun, who cares if they add more things to do while AFKing in Henesy (or whatever it is you kids do in MS these days)?

"Retarded kids obsessesd by mincraft. This looks like cubeworld"
    Please die. Kthxbai.

"Technically this not actually game play guy so simmer down´╗┐"
    You... you're not serious, right?

"[SIZE=12.727272033691406px]Seriously y is it cubes .....´╗┐"[/SIZE]
    That's it. I'm done.

Agro drops the mic and walks away.

Seriously, though... if these people never play this game at all, that'd be great. I like to limit my daily intake of stupid if I can.

4 people like this.
  8. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Looking forward to it. The game looks like it will contain some minigames aswell as the usual mob killing. I also get a sense of community in this teaser :smile:

9. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Guess I never really knew what to expect the game to be like but this wasn't even close to anything. I was thinking the character concept art was way exaggerated but seeing this it was pretty spot on to what characters look like ingame. Combat looks pretty good and hit boxes looked pretty good and not overly picky having to be exactly hitting the center of mobs.Lots of 3D rendering with blocks moving around, like with the boss battles, I hoping this isn't going to be as gpu/cpu intensive as it looks. Can't wait for some more in-depth gameplay.

@[member='Agro'] Just ignore the idiots, cubes/blocks is an art style (called Voxel), its like saying anime is all copies of each other since most have the same general art style...

I think it looks great, although it looks like it wasnt voxel based on that really blury picture from a long time ago so seem like it was an art style change somewhere in development.

3 people like this.
  10. Nic

Nic Guard Sergeant
    Wiki Editor

Legostory: Maplecraft...

My thoughts:
    1. About the whining people: I'm really mad about this, people doesn't want a WoW/L2/Dragonica/Insert3DEcchiGameF2P clone be cause is soooo used and it's a safe spot for a MMO. Then this preview comes to shine the day and the storm comes. "Childish", "Blocks like Minecraft", "This couldn't be a 2015 game"... c'mon guys, seriously, The Sims 1 was a rather basic game in terms of graphics for the year 2000 but EVERYONE played it! Why everyone played it?, it's simple: "gameplay".
    So it's easy to figure out who wants to have a good playing experience and who want to bluff about how many sexy pixels have in a LED Screen.
    2. The Game: Nexon, I have one word for you: JACKPOT. Really, I'm astonished. It have the same funny, vivid and relaxing feeling as Maple 1, but with a twist in the mechanics that make it a game to test you out and I like to have both things (Be casual and competitive at the same time). I REALLY want to play it, I want to make news in my language (spanish) so the hispanic community knows of this.
    Things I would like (or not) to see in this game:
    *I want to ask to nexon if they will reconsider how OP will do the cash shop. I know they need money, but I really want they could take account of the mistakes from Ms1.
    *I want to see a better data management and security related stuff. Ms1 had serious problems about this.
    *I don't want to crash every single square I move, it's a little bit annoying xP.
    *I hope they could make translation to the main languages and being selectable in every server they release, this is an interesting move if you have people that plays the most close server because of latency (In my case, I'm from south america and I play GMS), but they don't handle a lot the language (I also think I don't, but I really like English anyway).
    *Try to be original with the events in the game, I really like more this than repetitive events every month.

Nexon, you have me in your list.

3 people like this.
  11. AtomicAdam

AtomicAdam Super Kami Guru
    Super Moderator

Level:
    Job:
    When they said isometric and 3D, I was assuming something along the lines of Torchlight. This seems more like Minecraft (and yes, I know it's a bit dated to assume that any game with blocks is Minecraft). I know I definitely wont be able to take the game seriously (not that I take the first one seriously), mainly because "The Black Mage is attacking our Lego World" just makes me giggle.

That being said, I'm still interested in seeing more and will definitely try it out if/when it makes it over to North America.

12. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    Just have to get this off my chest... It really annoys me that everyone, not here but everywhere I'm looking, reactions are just "minecraft, minecraft, minecraft, cubeworld, minecraft, minecraft." You get 1-2, maybe 3 popular games with an art style and suddenly every game with that art style is just a copy, trying to steal the success, or is hopping on the bandwagon. Its like trying to say that Borderlands and Wind Waker are the same because they both use cell shading...
    /end rant

3 people like this.
  13. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Voxels are actually more like a way to place a pixel into a location in space. An example of course is MineCraft or CubeWorld (Huge voxel based games), every square they use is just a pixel rendered in 3d space. How they do it IDK, but just because MapleStory 2 utilizes cubes in some areas to represent the ground/other objects does not make it a voxel game, it merely represents art style and nothing more.

Either @[member='Justin'] or @GreenyScott (who should have a forum account here..by now..) said it looked like Bastion and I mostly agree. The art style is very refreshing and seems mapleish, I like it.

14. sjxsong

sjxsong T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    OH DAYUM, that's sick !!! :bleed:

15. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

Ahaha I thought i was the only one that was pissed off about all the whiny people and stupid comments. Its so annoying hearing all the minecraft comment, people are acting as if they created voxels LOL. I personally love the concept they did. This concept allows platforms and that]s awesome and is very mapley ahaha. I love the background scenery they use omg.

The art style also isn't generic at all. It is very unique not much mmorpgs use this kind of style, so that's a plus and what can draw it apart from all the other generic mmorpgs out there. Lastly they probably used voxels for many different reasons. But for one it allows the environment to be destructible. I'm personally pumped for this. O yeaa, the graphic design makes it look like they can easily design maps/content, so that's a huge plus. Also that means we probably will have a lot more maps :D

4 people like this.
  16. Cerixthegray

Cerixthegray Newbie

I'm still going to keep a reletively neutral opinion of this, I mean There are things that I do like and don't like so far. However until I see more, I won't really form a solid opinion of it.

17. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

A lot people feel like the game is just ripping off of minecraft just because of the blocky terrain,
    and yet they don't even consider that Maplestory 2 gameplay is nothing like Minecraft at all.
    Apparently a game can't have an art style without be calling a blatant ripoff; I'm glad that they
    went with this art style oppose to a style from the large list of generic mmos.

3 people like this.