Well, The only two that's official so far.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mushroom, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom City Guard
    Founder

2. greencactuar

greencactuar Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Yeah the top screenie has been showed for a while, and It actually interests me, but I feel like it's very hard to replicate the social aspect that MapleStory had in a top down camera view. I feel like the social aspect was promoted due to its side scrolling aspect making it feel more like you were face to face with that person.

3. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    Hm, I hadn't seen the last 2 images there. Very curious..

4. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    :eek:o Looks somewhat like spiral knights

5. greencactuar

Founder

Yes very much like Spiral Knights. I imagine they're trying to imitate Diablo esque loot system? I mean since its a top down camera most games with that camera style attempt to have a similiar loot system so I hope theirs Itemization cause god knows there isn't any in D3!

6. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I have not heard anything about the camera other than it is isometric. Topdown would be like any 2D Zelda game or Pokemon game. Isometric would be like Dragonica (which is what I keep referencing it to)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2SjQb-iIg0

7. greencactuar

Founder

Ahhh Okay so maybe they were just showing it off from a top down view then. I'm glad they're keeping it similiar to the side scrolling style I guess. At first I was thinking Maybe it'll be like Dragon Nest, but with an open world, but now I want a DragonSaga game, but with better graphics lol :3

8. Sue

Sue Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    I really hope it's not going to be a side scroller though

9. Justin

Justin City Guard
    Founder

I think the way Dragonica/Dragon Saga is set up is the perfect way to execute a 'MapleStory 2.' If you go full-on 3D MMO, World of Warcraft style, you'll take away a lot of what MapleStory is - a side-scrolling, sociable adventure. This is what I'm hoping for.

Also, that UI is definitely going to change. Remember Korean/Japanese beta MapleStory?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. greencactuar

Founder

Well the UI has probably already changed. Seeing as how it isn't even beta yet things will constantly change :p.

11. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

I don't think dragonica is a good example to refer to as a isometric top down view. Take something like Diablo, Trickster, or Dungeon Striker Online for a isometric view. Here is a screenshot from Dungeon Striker online, this is the view that more replicates a more top down isometric view.

[​IMG]

12. greencactuar

Founder

Maybe this'll be like Ragnarok online, but in 3D? o_O is that a good way to describe it?

3 people like this.
  13. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

ahhaa yea that's perfect :p You can say that.

14. Kurt

Kurt Banned
    Banned

Level:
    I personally hope so. Ragnarok is probably my favorite game ever!

Dragonica is an example of parallax scrolling, while games like The Sims or Diablo are definitely fixed-perspective, isometric/axonometric views. The best example (that I know) of an isometric view game is Ragnarok, as it projects a pseudo-3D presence onto 2D characters. That's what I feel the isometric view was initially created to do, and has become less significant, but still preferred by many, because of real 3D rendering in the past several years.

3 people like this.
  15. Harms

Harms City Guard
    Founder

Cool, I never knew what Dragonica's view was really called :p So that's awesome to know thanks. Also, Ragnarok is the best way to describe it, and its really well in the way you described it like pseudo 3d. In my opinion the isometric/pseudo 3d is my favorite viewing format next to side scroller. I'm not into the whole first person thing that a lot of AAA mmorpg titles like GW2 use. So I'm really happy MS2 didn't go for the first person view.