When did you first start MS?

Discussion in 'MapleStory' started by Cerixthegray, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Cerixthegray

Cerixthegray Newbie

Personally, I started MS Sometime before Pirates but After 4th job.

(The following is a mini story that I felt like sharing, Ignore it if you aren't interested)

I recall that the first day I played was the 3rd Anniversary I think? however I didn't get the hang of MS and got stuck and deleted my character and made a new one a year later. I remember soon after that My character got a weird glitch on it where it was immune to all damage, except for like environment damage I think? I dunno. obviously people called me a hacker due to this weird glitch, however when a thunderstorm came along and caused my computer to turn off the glitch was gone. I also remember playing with this one girl who was apparently very ill and constantly had to go to the doctors. one day she started freaking out about how she had to go into surgery and such, like there was a chance that she may not be alive at the end of it, I think she probably had cancer or something. But anyways Her mom talked to me through her character, trying to calm me down as well, and telling me that it was the only option she had left. I didn't get any sort of contact after that from her again...yeah. So To this day I still wonder if this was real, and that she died, or maybe it was someone who was seriously pulling my leg. I do recall her IGN, though I think her character got deleted anyways....but yeah her IGN was Kikimye.

so yeah there is my story, if you feel like sharing a mini story about your early days, feel free.

2. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    I first started to play Maplesea with my older brother in 2004 (i think, it was along time ago) where i was an archer and he was a Magician. Then some friends of ours were playing GMS so we moved to GMS. I do recall that this was before Windia was released. Then sometime after, i was hacked on my level 23 swordsman called 'dudei90' which really had nothing on it. Then after creating a new account, Khaini was released and we started to play on that. I started as an Archer again but seeing how weak they were I made a Fire Poison mage which i fell in love with (gameplay wise). I finished up big bang with my F/P at level 58 (havent trained him since). After that I moved to Bera when Big Bang came out :)

Thats my story i guess :smile:

3. Kairos

Kairos Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    Job:
    I started late May 2008, which sounds like about the same time as @[member='Cerixthegray']. Anniversary events were happening and I just remember huge cake bosses everywhere my noob self tried to train.

4. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

I can't remember exactly when I started, though it was some time ago, maybe just before or after pirates came out. :err:
    I chose the warrior class and only made it to LVL 41 after I ran out of quests, didn't feel like grinding at the time because it took too long.
    After that I came back to make a cygnus pirate and then an Aran, then I moved onto mercedes and eventually became a zero.

5. Mazz

Mazz Newbie
    Founder

Extremely depressed to find that the quest log has reset all history of my first character in Scania, but iirc I created him in August 2005. Family computer sucked so I wasn't able to play much until around November/December that year though.

6. Zelkova

Zelkova Royal Warden
    Administrator

IGN:
    Soju
    Level:
    Job:
    I started in July 2005 in Scania. I moved to Bera in August.

I was such a fool. During the 1 month I was in Scania I became friends with some girl and her sister (they said they were sisters anyway) and she wanted fairy clothes for her magician so I gave her all my extra meso. Fucking lol. :imdead:

3 people like this.
  7. Beast

Beast City Guard

Level:
    Summer of 2005 I started in Bera, then pretty much moved into almost every new server that came out lol...

8. Josh

Josh City Guard
    Founder

My friend Max from my old neighborhood told me about MapleStory while we were trick-or-treating. It was 2004 so at the time I was like 10 years old, ie. really dumb. I went home and for almost an entire month I tried to get the game to work on my own (my only other experience with online games had been Runescape)
    He was 13 and I considered him to be an expert with video games, I got him to come over to try and help but in the end he ended up letting me play on his account for a while. Hot damn was that addicting, the colorful graphics, the style of gameplay, it was really unlike any other games I had played and it really sucked me in. I remember it was really a treat to be able to play it because either it was down a lot or I just couldn't get on for some reason.

I think by the following summer I had my own account, I introduced some school friends to it and we totally no-lifed it all summer

9. Sue

Sue Guard Sergeant
    Retired Staff

Level:
    Late 2005, early 2006. I started because in the community I was in (Online fandom for some TV show for which we made fansites etc) some girls started playing and I got curious. I dropped it pretty soon as I didn't know how to save the game.

10. Cerixthegray

Cerixthegray Newbie

yeah, I remember those Cake mobs too. I remember those vividly as they were like....everywhere.

I remember back in the day where like people hung out around that place just outside of Heneseys and just kill random low level mobs despite them being like...in their 100s. Man, I'm getting serious nostalgia right now.

11. Flya

Flya Guard Sergeant
    Founder

Level:
    henesys hunting grounds, those were the days xD

12. Vinje

Vinje City Guard

Does anyone remember if all the emotions were free at one point during age of Old maplestory?
    For some reason I remember something of the sort, though it might just be my imagination.

13. sjxsong

sjxsong T3TRI5
    Founder

Level:
    Different than most of you guys, I'm like a "New-Gen" to Maple, I started to play Maple in May 2012. My friend told me to play MapleStory, but I thought it's a childish game, but he kept on saying :"just try it!!", so I was kidda being forced to play xD. I remember when I first started to play Maple, it was the 8th anniversary events, me and my friends thought those 8th anniversary items was soo good (now looking at it, it's actually pretty bad :pfft: ) so we were fighting over those equips ahaha. my first character was in Windia, it was a thunder Breaker, because when I saw the TB poster, I was amazed by how b@da$$ it looked, so I decided to be a thunder breaker. Now this is a funny memory, I still remember clearly, it was me and my friends training at blue mushrooms, I was lvl 23, I was so weak that I was running away from those blue mushrooms, no pot, too weak -__- ahaha now thinking about it made me laugh xD, I deleted that TB after a few days. The first character that got me into Maple was Kaiser, I trained it too lvl 127, took me 6 months LOL cuz i was too lazy, I don't know where to train and I was fooling around too much. At this point, all of my friends quit Maple already, I was the only one left. But one of my friends came back, and he said:"come play in Bera with me, I have my guild now", so i was like why not. And till now, im still in Bera and still playing Maple

14. Mystek

Mystek Newbie

I first started MS back in the GMS beta, not sure of the date as it was too long ago for me to remember lol. I played for a while, then got distracted and moved on to other things. I've only recently come back a couple weeks or so ago, so everything is new to me; it's like a brand new game, which is awesome :)

15. Acacia

Acacia Newbie
    Founder

I started a bit before New Leaf City came out, so maybe late 2006 or early 2007. I remember everyone (including myself, of course) being fascinated by how you could use a general attack on a Boomer and more would appear. I remember paying someone who would eventually become a good friend 20k to get me 30 Lupin's Bananas for Maya's quest since I wasn't smart enough to realize I was supposed to use Magic Guard.

My best friend got me into the game when she came over for a sleepover one night and told me that I absolutely had to play this game she had just found out about. We let it download for who knows how many hours while we did silly stuff that was probably relating to Pokemon. I started out in Broa and we just world hopped until someone in Khaini was nice enough to help out some clueless "noobs". I loved Khaini already because my favorite color is purple and my name starts with a K so I naturally thought that this world was made for me.

I'm quite glad I listened to her.

16. LeoNine

LeoNine City Guard

Level:
    When maplestory was a Cereal Box. then i took a break till big bang and I have been playing since.

17. Justin

Justin City Guard
    Founder

I started in September of 2005. I remember going to my friend's house and seeing him play it. It looked interesting so I picked it up myself. I played it for like two months, then I switched to JapanMS for a month or two. I didn't know too much Japanese back then (only had a year of studying under my belt then), so I switched back to GMS until 2008. Then, in June, 2008, I rejoined JMS and started playing in Keyaki, where the English community at the time resided.

I actually quit MapleStory for some time between February 2008 to June 2008 and only rejoined JMS in hopes that I could find interest in the game again. Sadly, I did and was only able to actually quit playing again last year, about a week or two before MoonTree got into playing League. MapleStory just got boring. All of my English speaking friends quit, all of my Japanese friends quit... I was on my own with no goals or anything. I'd log into the game, tab out and then just sit there... for hours. There was just no interest in doing anything in the game anymore.

18. FlameChocobo

FlameChocobo Newbie
    Founder

Level:
    February of 2006. When I was in GaiaOnline, while I was searching for guilds, I noticed that there was a MapleStory guild on there. I decided to go and play MapleStory for the first time in Bera with my Fighter. I had to remake my Axe Fighter due to me focusing on HP more than STR on my old one. Only this time I went for Power Strike and Slash Blast first instead of Max HP increase.

Because of my screw up. In April 2008, I decided to make a Hybrid Fighter which is now a level 200 Hero. I used the term "Hybrid" before Big Bang came along. I sit there and do nothing after reaching level 120 because I was unable to solo train due to how much damage the mobs do. When Big Bang came along, I decided to train more than I do now that the mobs were balanced.

Right now, I am training on certain classes for Level 2 Link Skills

19. Raingul

Raingul Newbie
    Founder

Level:
    Started in May of 2006. I heard about it at my sister's kindergarten graduation thing, some boys were playing around and talking about it. I looked it up and started playing in Broa, but I didn't know how to do much and kept dying to random mobs and quit soon after I hit like level 30.

Didn't come back till middle school where I found other people who played it. All of us were quite poor and we weren't that high of a level we ended up moving to Mardia when Dual Blades came out. We picked Mardia because we saw some post on Basil about people who were tired of their world moving to Mardia and making a Dual Blade guild. However by the end of that year most of us had stopped playing.

I didn't really get back into it again till Big Bang and the release of Battle Mages. A couple of my friends from school got back into it as well, and I ended up meeting some really amazing people. Most of my friends from school quit after about a year, but I kept playing. Unfortunately I got into a stupid fight with one of my friends and we ended up leaving (which set off a huge chain of people leaving) until that summer.

Now most of my old friends don't play anymore and I only get on maybe like once a week to boss or just sit there tabbed out doing other things.

20. plasma

plasma Newbie

Late 2005 Scania. Quit in 2008. Can't wait for MapleStory 2!